Relaxing in Kuala Lumpur

Kuala Lumpur Travel Blog

The next day Jordan and I flew from Sandakan to Kota Kinabalu, then to Kuala Lumpur.  Pretty smooth and easy trip, but when we landed we found out the aiport is 70 kilometers from town.  Who the hell does that anyways?  So we got a ride with some shady looking dude who said he was a taxi driver.  We made it to the Marriot without being murdered and relaxed at the pool with Jamie and Carolyn.  Oh, and by the way, it was thanks to Carolyn's mom we stayed at a Marriot.  That place was amazing, ideally located, and had the softest bed I've ever slept on.  Kuala Lumpur was very cool, we hung out at the pool and spa, wandered the town a bit.  Drank 8.8% beer from Carlsberg.  It tasted like minty frog fecies, but it did the trick.  Then our last day we went up to the Petronas Twin Towers.  They are the largest twin towers in the world at 88 stories.  We were allowed to go up to the land bridge on the 41st floor which was very cool and FREE.  But alas our trip came to an end and I'm back in Thailand.  It was a great time though and now only 2 more weeks until I'm off to Bhutan!!!