A very relaxing day

Oahu Travel Blog

Woke up this morning and there was a light rain falling.  I figured probably a good morning to shop and see if the Apple Store could fix my computer.  I went to the Ala Moana Shopping Center on Waikiki.  I haven't been down to Waikiki in 5 years and not much has changed.  A bit to hectic for me especially when I am on vacation :o)

This afternoon I went down to Kaena Point on the far West Side and hung out at Yokohama Beach.  There were only 6 other people on the beach.  The funniest thing was this surfboard that said "rescue" just sitting there on the beach.  So I guess if somebody is struggling we are just supposed to grab the surfboard and head on out??  Too funny.

When I got back to the hotel tonight the oddest thing happened right before sunset.  There was a car on fire down by the public beach parking.  I dont' think I have ever seen so many people out on their balconies all at once.  The fire department came and the crisis was averted but heck it made for an interesting sunset.

All in all a very relaxing day.  Did some shopping, sunbathing, reading and napping.......isn't that what vacation is about?
photo by: five11d