Aftermath

Nairobi Travel Blog

My house in Nairobi
We got up at 8am and Eppie and I blitzed the house - there were bottles and rubbish everywhere, blood on the floor from where the goat had been carried through to the garden and a very disgusting toilet full of urine and vomit. We agreed that this probably meant it was a good party.

I cleaned the floor of the lounge and made the place a bit more hospitable while Eppie, Lucy and Helen washed up, improvising with warm water and shower gel.

Soon the mess was almost completely gone and soon breakfast was on the way. Breakfast consisted of bacon, sausages and chai. After breakfast, it was time for Helen to leave. She was going back to England. John arrived and Helen, Nick, Lucy, Eppie and Reinot left, leaving me alone. Lucy and Eppie were going to church, and Reinot needed some cash from the ATM at the airport. I cooked the rest of the sausages and put my bikini on.

I sat in the garden and sunbathed - my first opportunity since I arrived! I got sunburn.

Later on, John took us to a restaurant called the Cellar. It was a really nice open-air restaurant with a Western menu. We shared some tempura prawns (which were delicious) and then I had a steak with garlic butter. It was a huge piece of meat with salad, potatoes, spinach and other things. I couldn't eat all mine, so I gave half to Reinot who had finished quickly.

We all ate our food, paid the bill and headed back home for an early night.

My lucky gecko