Travel Day to Prague

Prague Travel Blog

My hotel - Crowne Plaza
I am going to be doing these retrospective now that I have been in Prague for 5 days now, but that is sometimes best.

I must begin with a warm thank you to Joy (pvtjoy) my wonderful travbuddy from the LA CORE for her generous gift of a ride to the airport. Girl you know you so totally rock.

I flew out on the 6:00pm from LAX. I had a coach class ticket, but since it was booked in B class on American I was able to upgrade to business for only 10,000 miles, no copay (hell ya!). Cool thing was my friend Georges was also on the flight in business heading home to London for a day before he comes to Prague. Flight was awesome. American has just upgraded its business class on their 777 fleet.
My room
The seats are almost completely horizontal. Sweet. Had a lovely little steak with asperagus and a tasty little ice cream sunday just before bed. Can't beat that. I don't even have ice cream sunday makings at my house. The flight was a breazy 10 hours. Got in a little Big Love, some Lonely Planet and before I knew it were landing.

I was also honored to try out London Heathrow's lovely new Terminal 5. It is a beautiful terminal, but I have two grievous complaints about it, aside from having to fly British Airways. One, the stupid terminal lost one of my bags! For six weeks these idiots have been losing bags in the millions and they still can't get it right! Number two, Heathrow is now a fucking non-smoking airport. I totally get the whole don't smoke in closed public places, but when I have been flying for 10 hours and you won't let me out of the terminal or provide me with some shitty little smoking closet you went way to the top of my "you suck" list.
My bathroom, got to hate Euro showers
That is absolutely not right and I wish someone would sue these airports for some sort of impinged freedom, a medical addiction to nicatine, anything.

One bonus that started to get that dumb airport off my list was the recent abolition of the single carry on only policy. I, for one, had added my many angry words to the faces of quite a few noble Brits (especially once after making me check my computer bag and breaking one of my laptop screens with no compensation) in the hopes of helping abolish this retarded policy and finally we have won! So fellow TBers, feel free to somewhat recind the boycotts of LHR.
RobtheTraveler says:
I know, I know, I'm an ass. But girl, I do this for a living too, a 150,000 miles a year worth. After seeing an airport in operation like Narita, whose floors I could eat off of, was met and personally escorted to my gate by three of the most lovely attendants you have ever seen, provided smoking areas that were so fashionably cool I took a photo of, I'm sorry, but the bar has been set ;).

I reread it after you commented, I will tone it down. My LA girls keepin me in line. Miss you Joy
Posted on: May 17, 2008
pvtjoy says:
Oh, your welcome for the ride!
Posted on: May 16, 2008
pvtjoy says:
So f**king angry! Sheesh! You're traveling boy!
Posted on: May 16, 2008
My room
My bathroom, got to hate Euro show…
My bathroom, got to hate Euro sho…
Prague