ARE YOU OFFENDED WITH MY BLUE STRIPED BOXERS!?!??!

Kansas City Travel Blog

WE READY TO GO???

WOW!!!!! WHAT A NIGHT AND  NO HANGOVER….YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I woke up at 7am wide awake. I saw Erin passed out and she said good morning to me. She gave me a run on lwhat happened last night.  I jumped on her bed to upload my photos from last nights craziness to my laptop. OH GEEZ WHAT A NIGHT……

We all had to be ready and meet everybody downstairs of some sighting seeing around KC.  Mark and James had a tight agenda for us.  again, I don’t remember what we are doing today.

All the care is I NEED FOOD!!!!! We took more photos in the lobby….of course.  We all jumped in 3 cars. Mark‘s car, James’ car and Sal’s car.  Out of coincidence Sal, Will, Erin, RJ, and me were all the car together….

SSC MOBILE :D
VEGAS CORE CREW aka SSC. HAHAHAHAHA GOOD GOD!!!!!

We all went to the only WWI memorial in the USA. We took photos of course.  We had a group pics behind  the downtown KC. It wa amazing, it looked like it was from the movie "cronicles from riddick." Mark said the locals called it the "PENIS PALACE" HAHAHAHAHA

We all went to a famous fountain near the place where we were supposed to eat breakfast and it turned into BRUNCH.  Everybody is so lucky I have not SNAPPED yet.  We did plenty of walking.  We all took mass photos near the fountain. We all met up at the parking spot. all of us where saying that we have not spotted a cow.

ERIN: I KNOW WE NEED TO TAKE A PHOTO OF IT AND SEND IT TO JOHN (jpchoi)

ME: HEY IHE JUST TXTED ME IF I SAW ANY.

MY FAVE PIC!!!!

WILL: SO WHERE WE GO……SHEEP SHEEP SHEEP!!!!!!!

ALL OF US: WHERE WHERE WHERE?!?!?!?

We all tried to break out our cameras but Will had his DSLR so he was able to get the sheep statues at the church.  OMG I was dying of laughter. If you know Will he is a quiet guy, if you get to know him he will say the funniest thing out of the blue. It is so innocent and subtle.  HAHAHAHA

Then we all went to the The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art which is cool because we drove passed GIANORMOUS birdies which are balls with plastic around it for playing badminton. We got to take silly photos with that. We were separated with some to the group. It was everybody but ERIN AND MARK that went with us inside the museum and took photos with the "birdies". We all inside and took photos of the Monet paintings.

MAID OF HONOR, BRIDE, GROOM AND BEST MAN
Monet is one of my favorite impressionist artists. I even saw my THRONE. i had to bless my SIR JAMES and SIR SALL before me. HAHAHAHA.

As we were walking out i needed to point out that we all can see Eric's blue striped boxers shorts through his white pants. He had a photo of him behind "the thinker" in a perfect pose with his blue stripes. he asked if i was offended with his blue striped boxers. HAHAHAHA nope i am not. i should have kept his white boxers from boot camp HAHAHAHA.

The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art is an art museum in Kansas City, Missouri.

In 2007, TIME Magazine ranked the museum's new Bloch Building, # 1 on the "The 10 Best (New and Upcoming) Architectural Marvels" list.

WWI MEMORIAL
Candidates of the list are from various parts of the globe.

Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art

The museum was built on the grounds of Oak Hall, the home of Kansas City Star publisher William Rockhill Nelson[2]. When he died in 1915, his will provided that upon the deaths of his wife and daughter, the proceeds of his entire estate would go to purchasing artwork for public enjoyment. Around the same time, former schoolteacher Mary Atkins (widow of real estate speculator James Burris Atkins) bequeathed $300,000 to establish an art museum. The amount grew to $700,000 by 1927. Original plans called for two art museums based on the separate bequests (with the Atkins Museum to be located in Penn Valley Park). However, it was decided to combine the two bequests along with smaller bequests from others to make a single major art institution.

The building was designed by prominent Kansas City architects Wight and Wight (who also designed the approaches to the Liberty Memorial and the Kansas governor's mansion, Cedar Crest).

RING BEARER, BRIDE, GROOM, BEST MAN, MAID OF HONOR, AND MINUS THE FLOWER GIRL, JILLIAN :)
Ground was broken in 1930, and the museum opened on December 11, 1933. The building's classical Beaux-Arts architecture style was modeled on the Cleveland Museum of ArtThomas Wight, the brother who did most of the design work for the building said:

We are building the museum on classic principles because they have been proved by the centuries. A distinctly American principle appropriate for such a building may be developed, but, so far, everything of that kind is experimental. One doesn’t experiment with two-and-a-half million dollars.

When the building opened it had cost $2.75 million.

The original dimensions of the six-story building were 390 feet long by 175 feet wide (larger than the original Cleveland Museum of Art).

The museum, which was locally referred to as the Nelson Art Gallery or simply the Nelson Gallery, was actually two museums until 1983 when it was formally named the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art.

TBs!!!!!!
Previously the east wing was called the Atkins Museum of Fine Arts, while the west wing and lobby was called the William Rockhill Nelson Gallery of Art.

On the exterior of the building Charles Keck created 23 limestone panels depicting the march of civilization from east to west including wagon trains heading west from Westport Landing. Grillwork in the doors depict oak leaf motifs in memory of Oak Hall. A recreation of the Oak Hall library containing the original wood paneling, floors, rugs, furniture, pictures and books, is on an upper floor.

The south facade of the museum is an iconic structure in Kansas City that looms over a series of terraces onto Brush Creek.

About the same time as the construction of the museum, Howard Vanderslice donated eight acres to the west of the museum, across Oak Street, for the Kansas City Art Institute, which moved from the Deardorf Building at 11th and Main streets in downtown Kansas City.

ME AND YADI

Nelson, the major contributor, donated money rather than a personal art collection and so the curators were able to create the collection from scratch. At the height of the Great Depression, the worldwide art market was flooded with pieces for sale, but there were very few buyers. As such, the museum's buyers found a vast market open to them. The acquisitions grew quickly. Within very little time, the Nelson-Atkins had one of the largest art collections in the country.

A third of the west wing was left unfinished when the building opened. Part of it was completed in 1941. The rest of the building was completed after World War II.

From 1954 through 2000, the Jewel Ball, Kansas City's debutante ball, took place every June in the main hall. The ball has always benefited both the museum and the Kansas City Symphony. The ball was moved temporarily to accommodate an expansion project at the museum and is slated to return in 2008.

SSC ROCKS

Afterwards, we all went back to hotel. erin and I wanted to change for the MAIN meetup. We were all meeting up at the CLASSIC CUP again for surprises that James and Mark has mentioned.  James, Erin and I rode with James to the CLASSIC CUP together. He was running late. He also forgot some stuff he was was supposed to bring to the meetup. James was freaking out again that he is forgetting everything including eating. Which I am a guilty of doing when am hosting, am sure he has not drank water either. Erin and I told him to drop us off.

When we got there, wow it was all the down the under the restaurant.  NO CELL RECEPTION. We had to go outside to call people. To our surprise, we saw Mark setting up his guitar with Mark (TheOriginalMC) WOW WHAT A TREAT!!!!!!

Between erin and me, we called the rest of the TBs to be here soon.

MY FAVE PIC OF ME :)
Some were planning to hang out at the pool or nap before dinner. We both called as many as we could to come to the classic cup. As I was talking to RJ, I saw Natalia (tali08) pull in her car in front of me. She recognizes me instantly.  I hung up the celly and I gave a hug. We both walked inside together. I instantly liked Natalia, she is crazy girl like me. we both got acquainted.  We took more photos of course with Erin, James, and the 2 Mark(s).

The MARKS were great. They played Kansas type songs. I don’t remember the titles.  Little by little more TBs are arriving.  Sari (o_dog) a
rrived she is from AL.  Then more came, RJ, Will, Sal, Bill, Shawn, Tim, Harriet, Yadi, and Eric. we all took pictures of course.  More group photos and such.

FAMOUS FOUNTAIN
Then Jennifer (ninjafer) arrived.  She is so effiing funny. She drove for 2hrs to the meetup.  I also had a table where I had everybody sign Yadi’s “most furtherest TB” award shirt. I was calling everybody one by one to sign.

After a short stop at the classic cup then off we go to the Fiorella’s Jack Stack Barbeque . we all got acquainted while the MARKS dismantles their band gear.  James and Erin were finishing up their wine that they shared a bottle together.

We watched the others leave.  Sal, Erin, Will and I wanted to be SSC as we are, grabbed the wine bottles and took photos with it.  Will was our camera man. We were the last one out. After all the silliness we went outside and we noticed the 3 cars were here.

SHAWN AND THE TROJAN HORSE
I guess they walked to the BBQ spot.

We called RJ which way they turned. Then Eric directed us when he ran back to classic cup. We also we were walking towards the restaurant, we saw a “Cinderella” style horse drawn carriage. OMG it was so awesome. I had Erin and Sal ride on it cuz they got married this morning that WWI memorial. HAHAHAHAHA if you want to read about that INSIDE JOKE talk to Erin, she has the complete story.

We all got yelled at for not arriving with the group.  HAHAHAHAHA WTF?!?!? I have never been to KC before. OMG there was a bull outside the restaurant.  We must take photos afterwards.  WOW the VEGAS CORE CREW had their table out of coincidence and newbies have their table with Harriet.  We all ate a delicious meal.

DON'T ASK :P
I had a BBQ brisket sandwich. This place was yummy. I shall review later.

Afterwards, we all took photos with the bull. Erin dared me to ride on it. so I did then she joined. Then james got jealous and wanted to ride with us. OMG Erin and I were wearing dresses. Eric lifted me up without puling a Britney HAHAHAHA

Then we all went to the MAIN MEETUP spot which Is the Granfalloon Bar & Grill �" Fireside Room, which is our own spot I assume.  I made sure I did not forget my “stuff”.  Then  Andy (zoolking) arrived. He has family  in MO but he lives in MN.  I introduced him to Bill who is live in MN.

Then I noticed the TB VETS were playing pool, RJ and Erin; James asked me to play a game with him.

SAL GOT HIT!!!!!!
Then I see my first shot of goose sitting so pretty on the table waiting for me to devour it. HAHAHAHA YES I HAVE GONE NUTS!!!!! Sal and I both took a shot together. WOW that was smooooooooooth.

We took photos of the “TB VETS” all you has attended at least 2 TB MEETUPS: ERIN, SAL, RJ, WILL, HARRIET, MARK AND ME. Then of course the “TB NEWBIES” , NATALIA, SARI, JENNIFER, YADI, BILL, SHAWN, TIM, ERIC, AND ANDY

Then it was time to do our “ceremonies.” I reminded James he needed to do that first.  I am glad we had the area to ourselves. The
n james announced to everybody that this traditional we do this. I forgot to that james the history of the “award”.  Well, the winner of the “MOST FURTHER TB” award goes to YADI….YAY!!!! she is from Peru.

THE BEST PIC OF THE DAY :)
  HUGS FROM JAMES AND MARK. Since they are the hosts.

Then James suggests that I should tell the story about why I am called “QUEEN CW”.  I am not going to type the story I will do a separate blog about it and it’s on video by the way.  I went on and on about it. Then I was ready to “knight” my chosen ones.

Then james stopped me, he said there was another ceremony he had added.  It was I surprised ceremony for ME. I WAS TO BE “QUEENED!!!!!!” James said could not “knight” without to be queened. James said his creed. I think it is funny my general, James is queening me. I was given a official title, crown and scepter. Not to forget the traditional shot of grey goose to close seal the deal a shot glass is of which my favorite football team, ST.

MY FAVE PIC OF ME :)
LOUIS RAMS,  a shot with my general sir James. WOW I was surprised!!!!. Then I took photos with the KANSAS CITY PRINCESS, YADI!!! GOOD GOD!!!! This was too funny.

NOW it is time to “knight” my chosen one to be a part of the QUEEN CW’S ROUND TABLE of 8. I called upon SIR JAMES (reknighted), SAL, WILL, AND RJ. By the way, RJ and Will did not know they were to be “knighted” it was a surprise. (SEE ALL PHOTOS OF “KNIGHTING”)

VIDEOS OF "THE STORY OF QUEEN CW", "QUEENING" AND "KNIGHTING" ARE HERE ENJOY :)

Then some of the girls wanted to go dancing.

EEEEEK ON A BULL :)
As we were closing our tabs, James, Sal, and Erin stayed behind then we ran into Kirk (kirkeedoo) and his friend, Dan.  We all followed each other.  Erin and I were in need of cupcakes. We have cupcake withdrawals. HAHAHAHA. I can’t believe there are no cupcake bakeries here. We head on back to the “power and light” district to try to get inside the HOWLING AT THE MOON. Unfortunately, there was a long line and a cover charge.  I have been going back in forth with Erin on the phone on what to do. Apparently the others could not figure what to do.

James is on crack. I love him but he is on crack. This whole weekend he has not paid attention to his gas tank. The car was on “E” thanked GOD the gas station was near the area. We all met up at the RAGLAN PUB instead.

"BIG 19" - M.I.A ANDY AND KIRK
They rest was all there and we ended up staying at the same spot where we ate lunch. Eric, Yadi, and Will went back to the Hotel I think.

I was already buzzed from the last 3 shots of vodka.  James ended up getting me more shots about 2 more when we got there. AND THAT WAS THE END OF ME…………..

Apparently I had more than 5 shots of vodka. My last CLEAR MEMORY was sitting on Bill’s lap with we did a group photo. The next thing I know I woke up in my bed with my dress. I see James and Erin in the other bed fully clothed and talking.

Then I would remember FLASHES of that evening.

IT'S OFFICIAL AM "QUEEN CW"
I remember throwing up in a trash can. I wanted to go to the bathroom and the only way for me to get out to the other side was going under the table. Talking to Kirk and Dan. However, I stayed up longer. Erin told me we got home at 1am.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEK  and RJ and I  had a  6am flight back to vegas.  Erin had a 7am flight back to THE BAY on Sunday. VERY BAD MISTAKE TO GET WASTED THE DAY BEFORE YOUR EARLY FLIGHT.

THE “19” WHO CAME TO SOME AND ALL OF TODAYS EVENTS………….

1. Africancrab �" Harriet, Tucson, Arizona

www.travbuddy.com/yekcoh

19. zoolking �" Andy, Duluth, Minnesota
travbuddy.com/zoolking

yadilitta says:
I love the title, it's so fun!!!!
Posted on: Jul 01, 2008
ratu says:
Ok I will have a look, but is really hard to understand what people is saying on Videos ;)
Posted on: Jun 26, 2008
mellemel8 says:
JC!!! the story is on GENERAL JAMES' blog and vids
Posted on: Jun 26, 2008
MY FAVE PIC!!!!
MAID OF HONOR, BRIDE, GROOM AND BE…
MAID OF HONOR, BRIDE, GROOM AND B…
WWI MEMORIAL
RING BEARER, BRIDE, GROOM, BEST MA…
RING BEARER, BRIDE, GROOM, BEST M…
DONT ASK :P
DON'T ASK :P
BIG 19 - M.I.A ANDY AND KIRK
"BIG 19" - M.I.A ANDY AND KIRK
ITS OFFICIAL AM QUEEN CW
IT'S OFFICIAL AM "QUEEN CW"
QUEEN CW AND HER KNIGHTS OF THE TA…
QUEEN CW AND HER KNIGHTS OF THE T…
MY HAREM
THE OTHER TB CARAVAN
IDK!??!?!
IDK!??!?!
The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art
WATCH OUT FOR THE BIRDIE?!?!
WATCH OUT FOR THE BIRDIE?!?!
ME AND THE BIRDIE
ERIN AND SHAWN
ERIN AND SHAWN
THE ONLY GIRLS MINUS JENNIFER
THE "ONLY" GIRLS MINUS JENNIFER
MY FAVE PIC OF ME AND YADI :)
MY FAVE PIC OF ME AND YADI :)
ME AND BILL
SAL TRYING TO FLIP THE BULL
SAL TRYING TO FLIP THE BULL
NEWBIES WITH HARRIET
NEWBIES WITH HARRIET
MY FAVE PIC OF ERIN AND SAL :)
MY FAVE PIC OF ERIN AND SAL :)
WHOA TOO MANY HANDS!!!
THE TB MEET UP NEWBIES
THE TB MEET UP "NEWBIES"
THE TB MEETUP VETS
THE TB MEETUP "VETS"
PRESENTING THE MOST FURTHEST TB …
PRESENTING THE "MOST FURTHEST TB"…
YADI IS THE WINNER!!!!
YADI IS THE WINNER!!!!
KC HOSTS AND YADI!!!
KC HOSTS AND YADI!!!
THE BACK
THE BACK
THE STORY
THE STORY
IT ALL STARTED IN THE FIRST VEGAS …
IT ALL STARTED IN THE FIRST VEGAS…
CW IS NAMED
CW IS NAMED
WHY I AM CALLED QUEEN CW
WHY I AM CALLED "QUEEN CW"
THEN QUEEN CW
TO MY FOODIE, SYBIL :)
TO MY FOODIE, SYBIL :)
TO OUR TYRA, JILLIAN :)
TO OUR TYRA, JILLIAN :)
TO OUR LA TB QUEEN, JOY :)
TO OUR LA TB QUEEN, JOY :)
TO THE CHICKEN GROUP :)
TO THE CHICKEN GROUP :)
TO BENNIE :)
TO BENNIE :)
TO J.C BUT THE KISSES AT FROM ERIN…
TO J.C BUT THE KISSES AT FROM ERI…
TO OUR OCD, JENN :)
TO OUR OCD, JENN :)
TO TRACY :)
TO TRACY :)
TO ANGEL :)
TO ANGEL :)
TO OUR BABS, JULZ. WE MISS YOU :)
TO OUR BABS, JULZ. WE MISS YOU :)
TO GIOVANNI, TRAVELING IN EUROPE
TO GIOVANNI, TRAVELING IN EUROPE
TO ADRIAN :)
TO ADRIAN :)
TO TIFFANY :)
TO TIFFANY :)
TO MY MOVIE BUFFER, DORIS :)
TO MY MOVIE BUFFER, DORIS :)
TO OUR VEGAS GIRL, MELISSA
TO OUR VEGAS GIRL, MELISSA
TO OUR BABS, JILLY. WE MISS YOU :)
TO OUR BABS, JILLY. WE MISS YOU :)
ANOTHER ROUND FOR THE CHICKEN GROU…
ANOTHER ROUND FOR THE CHICKEN GRO…
TO ALEX :)
TO ALEX :)
TO OUR FL BABE, MELISSA :)
TO OUR FL BABE, MELISSA :)
TO DEVIKA :)
TO DEVIKA :)
TO THE NL TB QUEEN, WENDY :)
TO THE "NL TB QUEEN", WENDY :)
TO THE JIM BEAN LOVER, HANIE :)
TO THE JIM BEAN LOVER, HANIE :)
TO SYLVIE :)
TO SYLVIE :)
TO RJS WIFE AND JAMESS MOM, SARJ…
TO RJ'S WIFE AND JAMES'S MOM, SAR…
TO THE VEGAS SANTA, JOHN :P
TO THE VEGAS SANTA, JOHN :P
FOR YOU J.C :P
FOR YOU J.C :P
MY GENERAL AND THE QUEEN :)
MY GENERAL AND THE QUEEN :)
ME AND KIRK
ME AND KIRK
SAL GROOVING
SAL GROOVING
Kansas City Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
KC BBQ
We all ate here for dinner at the KC MEETUP. i personally not a big fan of KC BBQ. however, i enjoy what i ordered. i ordered the BBQ brisket sandwich… read entire review