GET YOUR OWN BALLS!!!!!!

Kansas City Travel Blog

WE ARE ALL HERE :)

GOOD GOD WE ARE FINALLY HERE!!!!!!!!

For somebody who has not eaten since 5am I was feeling good.  The first thing we wanted to do is a bathroom run.  KCI airport rocks, it is so easy to get around and FREE WIFI!!!!  The security is at every other 4 gates. YES JAMES AND MARK I AGREE THIS AIRPORT IS ONE OF THE BEST!!!! I took a celly photo of us and i send it to Julz (mzjulz85), Jillian (jillianj), Joy (pvtjoy) and Jenn (jenn79) To let them know we are in KC safe. GEEZ WHAT IS WITH THE "J'S"!?!??!!?! HAHAHAHA :P

We waited for james (pearcetoyou) to pick us up.

TAKE 2 WITH WILL
I txted him, no response :/ I hope he knows that we are early too. we walked around looking at KC souvenirs.  We were walking towards our gate.

Then I saw something RED coming very rapid on me. IT WAS JAMES!!!!!!! He hugged me happily. He gave me bug hug. Then he forgot about Erin and RJ for a second.  HAHAHAHAHA.

As soon as I saw James I knew he was stressing about the weekend. That is what I was feeling when the organize meetups. i will try to make sure he will not forget to bring important �things� to the meetup.

I think james had crack flakes this morning, from the all the excitement of the meet us. he forgot where he parked. HAHAHAHAHA. I too was a victim of that, while I was txting  I lost james, erin, and RJ in the parking lot.

ALL OF US :)
I was walking and calling them to see where they went. We looked like lost travelers dragging our luggage down each row to find James rent-a-car. This was a reenactment of VEGAS MEETUP in march. GOOD GOD!!!!!!! FINALLY WE FOUND IT!!!!

We went to walmart to kill some time before we picked up Tim (tyoungtx) at the airport. Erin needed a card for her camera, RJ needed hair products, and I needed gum.

Then it was time to pick up Tim at the airport. we made sure we knew where we parked THIS TIME!!!!!  we all waited near the gate. I had no idea what he looked like. Erin and james has spoken to him before. I have him on my list but I only scold him for all the â��no foodâ�� pics on his food reviews. HAHAHAHA. Then finally he arrived. HUGS ALL AROUND!!!!!!

I gave Tim and i hug then he says "NICE TO MEET YOU JOY.

CUTIES :)
" HUH HELLOOOOOOOOOOO IT'S MELANIE. Erin and i never let him forget about it all weekend about it.  I LOVE YOU JOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are definately her in spirt HAHAHAHA :P

We all walked back to the car. Then tim says �whoa I forgot my luggage.� HUH?!?!!? WHAT?!?! He checked in his bag and he forgot to go to the baggage claim to get it. WOW SOMEBODY ELSE HAVE �CRACK FLAKES� HAHAHAHAHA. Yup definitely from all the excitement to coming to KC�..WTF?!?!?!? HAHAHAHAHA

We got to our hotel. we a beautiful hotel it is. Erin and I needed to change and freshen up for the first event. To be honest with you, I had no clue where we were going and doing  in KC. James told me to go to KC for the meetup and dates. I booked it as soon I could get it cheap. I would look at the forum but it would not register HAHAHA. Oh well, am here.

We were checking in.

AND THE "TROUBLE" BEGINS
then I saw Yadi (yadilitta) and eric (yekcoh) walking towards us. I immediately spotted her. FINALLY  YADI AND I MET!!!!! We gave each other a big hug and took pics of course. Then I gave her my gift to her. I got her a â��vegasâ�� tank top. I hope it fits?!?!?!?!

Erin and I got our room by the way the â��8thfloor hehehe. I  called Will (w_clemmons) to meet us at our room and we needed to  change for the next event which is the driving to the â��power and lightâ�� district to have lunch and go to the NCAA HALL OF FAME and college basketball experience. Which is pretty cool.  As you all know I love sports  :D

The weather was sunny and hot but not as hot as LA or VEGAS.

PRAYING TO THE "GOOSE GOD"
It was tolerable. We all met up in lobby of course took a group picture. I jumped in the car with James, Yadi and Eric. As we were leaving, I reminded him about the â��ceremonies and eventâ�� for Saturday.  GOOD GOD James he forgot some of the stuff at the lobby while we were taking photos.  He was freaking out in the car, i told Eric to go to the lobby to grab it , if it was still there.

I knew that was going to happen. He was just like me on the day of the meetups.  Then we saw Eric with the white bag PHEW!!!!! Thanked God.  I was freaking out with James too. I needed food bad too. I am glad we were going to eat first. I still had the morning vodka still lingering in my system.

We all ate at the raglan pub. Where we met up with mark (travelman727), HUGS AND HAND SHAKES ALL AROUND.

REPRESENT LA
We had a great spot in small section of the pub.  there was 10 of us that came so far today.

GOOD GOD!!!! james and I had our first grey goose shot of the day AND IT WAS STILL DAYLIGHT!!!!! I had to eat first or it will not a good start. While we were all eating then mark wanted to ask all of us â��TELL US SOMETHING FUNNY ABOUT YOURSELF  WHILE YOU ARE TRAVELINGâ�� I donâ��t remember some of the stories, but Erinâ��s and Markâ��s takes the cake. Ask them to repeat the story â�¦..IF THEY WANT TO. HAHAHAHA.  I am MELANIE, MY WHOLE LIFE IS FUNNY on the outsideâ�¦â�¦.they all made me tell my story which is the LA MEETUPâ�¦â�¦.

After that we all walked to the NCAA  COLLEGE BASKETBALL EXPERINCE which is in front of the raglan pub.

FOR YOU, SYBIL AND DORIS!!!
 i had an idea of what this was. I assume it was like a NBA fan experience during an ALL-STAR NBA WEEKEND. As I walked in, YUP I was right. I wanted to shoot hoops at the free throw area. It was a team  effort. It was very cool. We all went to shoot 3â��s which I suck at it. I am shooting complete AIR BALLLS.  Then you can shoot in different spots of the court before 5 seconds is up. doing slam dunks, a full court to play basketball with each other. I played one and one with Eric and completely sucked at it. I need to work on my offensive and defense and my shooting and my dribble HAHAHAHAHAâ�¦â�¦

Then james and RJ want to do 2 on 2. GOOD GOD!!!! I WAS SWEATING. Which is good cuz I already had 2 gooses in me and I needed to sweated out.  i was playing in my flip flops too!!!!!GOOD GOD!!! I HOPE I DOING STRAIN MY KNEES!!!!!  I had a battle wound and fell many many times.

ERIC AND I SKIPPING :)
Which Is fine. I did not want to guys to be soft on me. PLAY REAL â��Dâ�� WITH MEâ�¦..HAHAHAHA  GOSH THAT WAS FUN :D

This is very impressive. We walked around the NCAA HALL OF FAME section. I was dumbfounded with all the memorial about the MANâ�¦..JOHN WOODEN!!!!! The whole entire time I was thinking about Sybil (iheart2travel) she is huge UCLA fan. I took photos for you girl :D  I hope you enjoy it. I had a good time here.

Then we all rested at a side bar and there we saw Shawn (geerbox) he drove all the way down from Nebraska �.WOW a 6hr trip. That is not so bad, it�s like driving to LA to SF using the short boring drive on the 5. We all hung out took photos before to go to the event which is a bar upstairs called �HOWLING AT THE MOON� we were waiting until it opened at 4pm.

RESTING TBs
I have never been here.  There is one at universal city at the city walk in LA but never went inside.

Mark reserved a perfect spot, near the BAR FOOD!!!!!!! I was insanely hungryâ�¦..AGAIN. after all the ruff housing with the guys playing basketball.  I WAS IN NEED TO FOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got a plate of chicken quesadilla and meatballs. Then James got more shots of goose.  GOOD GOD!!!! I THINK THIS WAS OUR 3RD.  As TBs that we are, we were taking photos and being silly all over the place. We were dancing with each other.

Then Harriet (africancrab) arrived YAY!!!!! I have not seen her since the VEGAS MEETUP in April. HUGS ALL AROUND AND PHOTOS of you know the routine with TBsâ�¦..more and more photos. then Harriet  decided to pick me up. GOOD GOD I AM HEAVY!!!!  SHE DID THEN I HAD LETâ��S JUST SAY â��JANET JACKSONâ�� INCIDENT.

MY FAVE PIC!!!!
GOOD GOD!!!!  Since James loves to do that with the girls,  Eric got into it with Yadi.  James with Harriet, and then James and Eric picked me up. GOOD GOD my stomach was hurting.

And the next you knowâ�¦â�¦there was a wall of â��PHRASE OF THE NIGHTâ��  guess what the next one was â��MELANIE FLASHES HER TITS FIRSTâ�� GOOD GOD!!!!! then later that was erased then it was â��CAMERON WANT TO MEET MELANIEâ�� OH �"MY �"GOD!!!!!!  I was very shy normally am not. I was put on the spot.  everybody wanted me to take photos with the â��phraseâ��.  Then I was dragged up on stage with CAMERON which is too is HOTTTTTâ�¦.so hot I need to add extras â��Tâ��Sâ�� HAHAHAHA.

BACK TOGETHER :P

We had to do some crazy game. The MOC (master of ceremonies) spun the wheel.  Out of all the things I had to do on the wheel. The arrow landed on the action where I knew it was going to landâ�¦..reenact the â��WHEN HARRY MET SALLYâ�� scene. GOOD GOD!!!!! I knew it. My mouth dropped to the ground and my eyes bugged out. I was what going to do what to the HOTT guy!??! I was laughing hysterically. i already had about 5 �" 6 shots of goose in the system.  I was feeling good. I was not WASTED thanked GOD. I had plenty to eat. And I mainly sweated out too and YES I DID THE FAKE ORGASM but not how Meg Ryan did. I was a small and subtle one but still it was in front of a HOTT guy. After all that, all I got was a â��HOWL AT THE MOONâ�� bumper sticker. HAHAHAHAHA

GOOG GOD!!!! that was funny.

TIM, SAL, ERIN, SEAN, AND ME
My stomach was hurting. Then James got me another goose. GOOD GOD!!!! I lost count after all the calamity. After all that I took a breather outside, I was talking to Jillian (jillianj) for bit then James followed me outside, GOOD GOD he was so wasted. He could not even stand straight. Surprisingly, I was still coherent and alert while I was talking to Jillian.

Then I went back inside cuz I forgot to tell Erin I left.  She was my babysitter and it was bad that I did not tell her that I was outside with James.  I got scolded at. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK. James had ordered another goose before heading out to dinner.  THAT WAS 7!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everything at HOWL AT THE MOON I remember VIVIDLY !!!!!!!!!!

After that I had NO CLEAR MEMORY of what happened, these are the ONLY  MEMORIES I HAVE:

Remember sitting near RJ at the restaurant and meeting bill (wjries)

Then I passed out on Erin�s, Sal, and RJ�S arms.

BIG SMILES!!!!
I remembered shivering in Sal�s arms.

Sitting outside on the sidewalk laying my head on Salâ��s lap and keeping  me warm.

Talking to Jillian (jillianj) on the phone but I donâ��t remember what we talked about.

Will driving James and I back to the hotel.

James and I holding on to each other to dear life walking to the hotel.

Will has shared funny moments about James and me. While he was babysitting us, James passed out on Erin�s bed. I was clinging on to dear life on Will�s arm.

FAMOUS CIRCLE PIC
I complaining I was hot and I wanted Will to lower the AC. James and I were having drunk blabs convos with each other. Will says james and I were talking about riding a duck and fireworks. GOOD GOD I wish Will recorded that. I wanted to know what we were saying. BUT, MAINLY MY BIGGEST CONCERN that I was I did not want to be the â��MEAN CRANKY MELANIEâ��  Erin said I was just annoyed my camera died and phone died  and I could not txt, but still, I was felt bad. ERIN, RJ, and SAL are the best for taking care of James and me.

James and I were done by about 8pm or 9pm.  the rest when to go dancing at raglan pub and some hung out at Jamesâ��s room until the wee hours. I am glad it was a short night.

MONEY MONEY MONEY
I needed to catch up on my sleep from the crazy �ERIN & MELANIE� craziness in VEGAS.

THE "13" THAT CAME TO ALL OF SOME OR THE EVENTS :)

1. Africancrab �" Harriet, Tucson, Arizona

www.travbuddy.com/yadilitta

13. yekcoh �" Eric, Traverse City, Michigan
www.
travbuddy,com/yekcoh

And this was only the �PRE� MEETUP������GOOD GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mellemel8 says:
i know marit. i did :) that was an INSANE meetup.
Posted on: Aug 26, 2008
tvillingmarit says:
Oh just the pree meetup! My oh my take care Mel.
Posted on: Aug 26, 2008
mellemel8 says:
OMG danny YES!!!! it was INSANE!!!
Posted on: Jul 12, 2008
AND THE TROUBLE BEGINS
AND THE "TROUBLE" BEGINS
PRAYING TO THE GOOSE GOD
PRAYING TO THE "GOOSE GOD"
MONEY MONEY MONEY
I GOT UP ON STAGE AND ALL I GOT WA…
I GOT UP ON STAGE AND ALL I GOT W…
WE HAVE ARRIVED
ME AND MY ROOMIE :)
ME AND MY ROOMIE :)
ERIN DOING THE MEL POSE
ERIN DOING THE "MEL" POSE
THE OFFICIAL MELANIES BABY SITTE…
THE OFFICIAL "MELANIE'S BABY SITT…
THE GROUP - MINUS ME
THE BASKEBALL EXPERIENCE
THE BASKEBALL EXPERIENCE
HAHAHAHA :P
HAHAHAHA :P
DO YOU HAVE D SIR JAMES!?!??!
DO YOU HAVE "D" SIR JAMES!?!??!
OMG SHAQ!!!!!
ME AND ERIC
ME AND ERIC
TALKING ABOUT FUTURE TRIPS
TALKING ABOUT FUTURE TRIPS
WHAT ARE YOU DOING RJ!??!
WHAT ARE YOU DOING RJ!??!
YADI!!!!!
DOING THE ROBOT
DOING THE ROBOT
TBs!!!!!!!!!
TBs!!!!!!!!!
MY FAVE PIC OF ME AND YADI :)
MY FAVE PIC OF ME AND YADI :)
DONT LOOK AT ME!!!!
DON'T LOOK AT ME!!!!
ERIC AND ERIN CALLS ME JILLIAN JR…
ERIC AND ERIN CALLS ME "JILLIAN J…
BAR FOOD HAHAHAHHA
THE ROOMIES :)
HAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHA
OOOO BEFORE THE INCIDENT
OOOO BEFORE THE "INCIDENT"
I LOVE THIS PHOTO :)
HELP ME!!!!
HELP ME!!!!
Kansas City Hotels & Accommodations review
4 STAR CHARM
Erin and i were roomies at the KC MEETUP. I loved my bed. i enjoyed this hotel even though i was here for a brief moment. i loved my bathroom too. … read entire review