First day of orienteering

Arlon Travel Blog

Together with my mother, niece and nephew we left by car to Arlon in the morning of the 10th of may. My father had left earlier that morning with the camper, but since the kids are 2 and 4 years old and start asking after five minutes if we are there, we left later by car since that is faster. The trip there went well and we had more then enough time before the competition would start when we arrived in Arlon so we could enjoy the sun :) I forgot to bring my sunscreen to the competition and I would regret that later that day.

My competition didnt go very well, I had some trouble reading the map and I wasn't the only one. Since the competition didn't start until 13.00u, we left directly after the competition because we still had to find our campingplace. We drove to the sportcentre of Arlon where the campingplaces where for the orienteering competition. After a bit of searching we found our place. And I could put up my tent while my parents made diner and the kids where trying to help me :/ After diner I did some games with the kids and then it was time to rest for the competition the next day.

photo by: cvanzoen