London Day #3: National Gallery and Momo's

London Travel Blog

We reached London within 50 minutes and took the tube to Leicester Square. The National Gallery was just 2 blocks south of it and Matt and I initially thought we were lost. Actually, it was Matt who insisted that we were lost. As we crossed the park, we noticed a crowd of people congregating in front of a movie theater. It was the world premiere of "Sex in the City" in London! There were several cops in the area and barracades were set up for crowd control, I guess. Neither Matt nor I were interested in waiting with the crowd so we walked past it and headed to the National Gallery.

The National Gallery is primarily a painting museum. Some of Monet's waterlily collection is housed in the Gallery and other popular painters as well. Matt and I walked around and within an hour we were out of there, tired from our Brighton trip.

Since we had a plan to have dinner with a friend of mine, Kobin, whom I met in New York, we went back to our hotel to refresh and take a quick nap before dinner.

Dinner was in Momo's ( where we met up wtih Heather and Kobin. A posh Morroccan restaurant along Regents Street/Circus, the interior was decorated with lush red colored fabrics and wooden toned furniture. The atmosphere and music presents a very Morroccan-like setting, but with the nice weather, we opted to seat outside. The service was fantastic! The food was great as well. Expensive, but good. I ordered some type of lamb stew that Matt and I shared as it was a big portion. The lamb is so soft that it easily falls apart and feels like it melts in your mouth. The couscous was great as well. Cocktail drinks were ordered and time passed by. Matt and Kobin paid - and ouch! The bill came to £200 ($400)! Thanks guys!

We splitted up after dinner. As per our ritual when we return to the hotel, Matt and I headed to the hotel bar for some chitchat and enjoyed a drink or two.

photo by: ulysses