Brighton Day#3: Stone Beach and Cod Fish!

Brighton Travel Blog

We caught the 1030am train to Brighton from Victoria Staton. Having woken up later than planned, we didn't get to have breakfast, so Matt and I bought some sandwiches to eat on the train. They were really good and I enjoyed my mango/orange juice as well. The train ride to Brighton only took 45 minutes and when arrived to the Brighton train station, it was only about a 15 minute walk to the beach!

It was very hot. Blue, clear sunny skies - it was very summery in Brighton. Matt and I walked along the boardwalk, took pictures and on the pier, rode the haunted house ride. The pier offered a variety of rides to children and adults - a similar scene during the summer at the Jersey shore's boardwalks with rides and games. It was so childish and we were not scared at all! I suggested it because I thought it would be scary! But it was a waste of time and money - even if it was part of the whole seaside experienced. We then had lunch. The classic beach food - seafood and of course, fish and chips! Err... minus the chips, that is. It was greasy. It was deep fried. It was seafood galore! It was great! We washed it down with beer and after an hour under the sun - we needed the shade. Matt suggested to seat where there was no shade - and boy, was it hot! Our cold beer turned to lukewarm under the strong sun. Awful taste them lukewarm beer. Thanks, Matt!

We went to the shore to get our feet wet. The waters was freezing! And walking on the stone beach was torture on the feet! Matt had a bout of childhood nostalgia and began stone skipping. I made several attempts and only succeeded once. But hey, I was stone skipping! It was initially difficult and quite frustrating. The fun part was looking for the best stone to use - something as flat as possible and smooth. I'll get it down eventually. We decided to take our time walking back to the station and arrived earlier than originally planned and caught an earlier train. We were tired but decided to stop at the National Gallery for some "culture" as we have not visited anything remotely close to a museum in our short stay.

photo by: petit_gooroo