2nd day in Paradise

Kakadu National Park Travel Blog

Today we were getting off the beaten track and away from the crowds. We traveled for a couple of hours on a challenging 4WD track that leaded us to one of Kakadu`s most rugged and diverse environments. My stomach did nor really like that a lot but after all I managed  Unadvertised on most maps, Graveside Gorge is a remote scenic area with beautiful waterfalls, plunge pools and great hikes.

I again was exploring this unique gorge system with its dramatic landforms. What a lovely spot! It is a totally peaceful environment and no busloads of tourists. At various times during the year, Graveside Gorge will be closed to visitors and only open for use by the Traditional Owners of the area.

Jim Jim Falls :  We did a great hike known as the Barrk Marlam Walk  which took us to the Top of Jim Jim Falls. We a magnificent view down the gorge, kind of scary - it was a really big drop. Some went for a swim I prefered to wander around.

Nawurlandja Lookout: From the top of this stony outcrop, we had a breathtaking view over central Kakadu and across to “Lightning Dreaming” on the Arnhemland Escarpment

Kakadu National Park