Killarney, Ireland

Killarney Travel Blog

Killarney was a haphazzard stop on our haphazzard tour of Ireland. We took the train from Cork on a whim, not quite ready to head back to Dublin. Arriving in a town with no true sense of direction or place to stay can be intimidating. We wandered up and down the main streets and lucked out at a B&B above a bar on New Street. It was cozy and inexpensive and available, sold!

Killarney is home to an amazing national park, which was stumbling distance from our temporary residence. Walking through the various paths and trails in KNP was amazing! There are little streams running through, tons of vegetation and wild life. We saw rabbits, deer, and tons of birds. The views are amazing. It's worth all the walking to be able to see deer, castles and the general awesomeness that is Killarney National Park.

One of the bars we went to during our stay was at the end of the main stretch, Husseys. Great, laid back little pub. We spent all night drinking beers and playing cards.

I had the best experience shopping in a little store called Scarlet Ribbon. One of the ladies that works there, Marie, was absolutely amazing. She told me all about the various designers and talked with me quite a bit about traveling, Ireland, and the clothes that came through her shop. I managed to find 3 really great dresses that I wear all the time. The sale rack was amazing too!

I really enjoyed my time in Killarney and would recommend that anyone traveling around Ireland spend some time there.