Waikiki and Tiki's Grill & Bar

Waikiki Travel Blog

After a LONG day of traversing the island of Oahu, we ventured into Waikiki.  Traffic in Waikiki was horrible...at least my cousin new the side streets and backways to get where we needed to be...Tiki's Grill & Bar on the second floor of the ResortQuest Waikiki Beach Hotel...albeit really late.  Mar and I were the last ones to arrive...better late than never!

In the crowd, I found the bride-to-be...Jenny (my former college roommate) and the soon-to-be groom, Eric.  They both looked calm and no sign of pre-wedding jitters and oh so blissfully happy!  Most of the other dinner party guests were finishing up their desserts when we headed up to the buffet line...luckily there was still plenty of food left because we were STARVING from our day long trek.  The dinner party was held outdoors in the open air, in a cordoned off section, right next to the hotel pool and conveniently located right next to the bar and live music stage.

The first time I went to Tiki's was in 2006.  They had a great Hawaiian band, Vaihi, playing.  The atmosphere is a bit kitschy with tiki torches around and aloha shirt clad waitstaff but the drinks were tasty, views of Waikiki were beautiful, and the free musical entertainment was wonderful...I even ended up buying their CD.

We found open seats at the same table with some former college friends, Jennifer and Russell and their cutie pie daughter.  We chatted with Jenny, Eric, Jennifer, and Russell for a bit before heading out with the rest of the guests as the wedding party needed to rest up for  big day tomorrow.

Tiki's Grill & Bar is a fun place to enjoy the Hawaiian sunset and live local music.  Check out the following links for menu and entertainment schedule.

photo by: mrgishi