A day at the beach and a looong drive back

Rincon Travel Blog

Rincon beach in the early morning
Today could have been the perfect day if I wouldn't have had that hangover from last night. I guess ol girl can't drink as much as she used to. haha None the less I woke up at 7 am and tip toed out of our room (the seahorse) to get a few pictures of the beach in the morning.
After that I realized that I was as hungry as never before and I could have finished up a gallon of water no problem. Well, I texted to my friend in the Pelican room next door to see if she was already up. Sure enough she was. The kids had woken her up with the TV, poor thing. So then we both kind of went back to sleep for about an hour and then got breakfast which was urgent at this point. I was still a little under the weather from the night before so all the speed bumps in the road did not agree with my tummy. lol So the first restaurant we passed would be our breakfast.
Beach
Subway it was. lol Also grabbed a sandwich for my patient that was still dead asleep and it was now around 10:00am.
When I got back to the room, hubby was awake and very happy to see me... or the sandwich... who knows. haha
After breakfast we all went to the beach!
I couldn't be in the water fast enough. I snorkeled for about a half hour until holding my breath was messing with my hung over head. lol  Yeah, I only had the goggles so I had to hold my breath... lol But it was worth every minute of killing braincells because there were so many fish, little ones, big ones, colorful and not so colorful. They didn't seem to give a rats a$$ that I was among them. Too bad I didn't invest in a underwater camera I would have gotten some beautiful shots.
Then we were just enjoying the sun. At around noon we had to check out but the nice staff lady said it would be totally fine if we stayed at the beach.
feels like heaven
So we put our stuff in the cars and went back to swimming, snorkeling and simply just relaxing the day away. Hubby and I went for a little stroll along the beach. I just wanted to see if I could get him to do it because guys always tell you that they like taking walks on the beach to impress you ... but do they really??? I guess I'm lucky! haha We collected some seashells and Alex found a dead crab that he had to pick up and examine. I actually got a good picture out of the nastiness. lol I don't touch dead things unless they are prepared correctly so I can eat them.. hahaha
Well and there we get to the subject. There comes the point when people start getting hungry again and by people I mean me. lol We all agreed that it was time to get back to San Juan anyways so we cleaned up and went to the near by Taco maker, which by the way is really good food! Much better then Taco Hell.
lol
After the food we stopped by the Lighthouse here in Rincon. I've already seen the one in San Juan and there is a couple of more lining the coast around the island. At some point I want to have seen them all, which means... oh oh.. I need to come back to PR, but that was already determined before. haha
This was our last stop for the day. The ride home was long and my eyes fell shut a few times. One thing was funny/weird along the way though. One of the times that my eyes opened during the ride, it must have been on the autopista somewhere around Isabela, I saw a HORSE on the oncoming lanes! ON the highway, holding up a whole bunch of cars behind it. Only in Puerto Rico, I'm telling you! Well, I was awake after that!
Back at the house I only had enough energy to take a shower and go to bed. Our trip to Culebra unfortunately didn't work out so tomorrow is an open book, but I'm sure we'll find something to do!
Building sand castles
Hibiscus
Hibiscus
Walking to the beach
Walking to the beach
The hotels own botanical garden
The hotel's own botanical garden
Another statue