Playing nurse

San Juan Travel Blog

Pretty tree
Update on my patient. Patient is sleeping and doing ok. He says it doesn't hurt as bad as yesterday. He's taking antibiotics to prevent infection and ibuprofen for the throbbing in his head. Tonight we will remove the bandages and put a not so obvious bandaid on it. lol We ordered some food that will be delivered shortly. I got a sunburn from yesterday so being inside with the air conditioning running is nice. Took some pictures from the balcony and maybe I'll take some outside a bit later. It's sunny and hot out there. :)

So it's 10:25pm now, more then a day after the incident and the whole forehead is swelling and the eye lid is turning black. The doctors say it's nothing unusual and will go back to normal eventually. Well it better! Poor hubby looks like he fought Mike Tyson for 3 rounds. :( No pain though so that's good.
We also removed the bandage and will let the 15 breath for the next few days to speed up the healing process.

Update May, 20th 08:
The swelling is moving down underneath the eye now. I'm guessing it's a good sign and it will just disappear soon. Tomorrow we are driving to Rincon because we have hotel reservations there. Hopefully the swelling around the eye will be gone by then. I never knew that a head wound causes the eye area to swell up like that.
missandrea81 says:
Well, he actually had the raccoon eyes the past two days. hehe But now all the swelling is gone.
Posted on: May 23, 2008
scubagirl76 says:
head or facial injuries always look bad, he is lucky he did not end up with racoon eyes! glad he's feeling better @ this point though!
Posted on: May 23, 2008
missandrea81 says:
haha.. very funny Bill ;)
Posted on: May 20, 2008