Arriving in Rincon

Rincon Travel Blog

Shouldn't park underneath this tree
It's almost 6pm and we finally made it to our hotel in Rincon, Playa del sol! The hotels name is the Coconut Palms in and is run by a very nice lady from Virginia. :) After checking in and after the rain had stopped a little we were snooping around the hotels "botanical garden" which was the area that you had to walk through to get to the beach, decorated and arranged with so much love to detail. A hammock, several little fountains, plenty of flowers and trees, benches, a little pond and the sound of a Coqui frog coming from somewhere in the middle of all that. Definitely a little piece of relaxation heaven. Since the rain picked up again we decided to get changed and go to a restaurant or bar to finish the evening off with a bang. Half of the group were hungry again and with kids and the other half, Enid, hubby and me were not so hungry but didn't want to go to bed at 8pm.
The Coconut Palms Inn
So we split up and our group went to a bar down the road. Of course we drove because we are made out of sugar and would melt if we got in contact with water. hahaha
We had a good time at the bar called "La Cantina de Pelican". The girls were drinking Finlandia sours and my hubby stuck to beer. :) Well deserved after all the craziness of the last few days. Needless to say that no one would have started a bar fight with him, looking all bad ass with the swollen face and the stitches on his head. haha Plus, we were the only people there, other then the bartender. Well, hubby is not enjoying being seen like that but who would be. I'm pretty sure I would have locked myself in a room with a towel over my head if it would have been me. But my hubby is a great sport and he is trying to make the best out of the situation. We played some pool at the bar, fed the Jukebox and had a few more drinks.  We got back to the hotel at around midnight and sat outside talking to another guest for about an hour before heading to bed.
Shouldnt park underneath this tree
Shouldn't park underneath this tree
At sunset
At sunset
Enid at the bar
Enid at the bar
She doesnt even like beer
She doesn't even like beer
La Cantina de Pelican