Destination: Venice Beach! Where we ended up: ?????? Beach!

Los Angeles Travel Blog

This is a surfers beach

My mom wanted to take my niece and nephew to Santa Monica. She invited me to go with them, so I went. Well, on our way there, I asked her if we could go to Venice Beach instead, because I'd already been to Santa Monica, but not Venice. She said that was fine. So we were driving down PCH looking for Venice Beach. You'd think that us being from that area we would know how to get there with our eyes closed, but that didn't happen!  We pulled into this one parking lot and asked the attendant where Venice Beach was.  He said we'd passed it by 20 minutes! We were going to go back, but decided to check out where we were first. So we all get off the car and start heading towards the beach.

Yeah, I'm a wanna be surfer!
There were a few sun bathers, but it was really a surfers beach.

This beach was a real interesting place. It had the open beach, and when you walk towards the right of the beach there is a section with rocks that form a pond/lagoon like area and then it's the ocean again.  I cannot for the life of me explain it. Another strange thing about this beach was that there was ocean water coming out from the sand and going back into the ocean like a little stream. Again, I cannot explain it. But it was something strange and interesting to see.  Ever since I have always wondered how that is possible. I'd never heard or seen anything like that. I actually thought it was a pipe that burst but there wasn't any when I dug down into the sand. I more then likely didn't dig down far enough.

twirling around

We saw rocks on top of rocks. But they weren't just any rocks. They were weird shaped rocks that balanced on top of other rocks. I wonder how long it took whoever to actually have them balance and stay there. I don't think I would have had the patience to try and do it, but I was glad to have seen it anyway. Walking a bit down, there was a pier, which we walked on and saw people fishing.  There were private homes there as well, but the beach wasn't private.  That beach had a relaxing atmosphere, which was different from the beaches that I have been to. I really wish I knew the name of it. I am going to have to go back and find it again, just to get the name of it.

My niece and nephew had a blast. They really enjoyed themselves. They got wet and we experienced a new beach in L.A. county.

But that's my short story of this beach that I do not know the name of.

This is a surfers beach
Yeah, Im a wanna be surfer!
Yeah, I'm a wanna be surfer!
HEAVY!
HEAVY!
I dont know how this is possible!
I don't know how this is possible!