The last few standing

Antwerp Travel Blog

Pieter looking sharp!

Monday saw the numbers dwindling down to four, three, two, and finally just Sylvie.

On Monday morning I was awake before 7. I always have this phobia of waking up late on the day I have to be at the airport, but as usual, I ended up waking long before I was supposed to. But it gave me time to pack up, shower, and relax. Pieter was up not long after me because he also had to be somewhere, dressed up in his kilt (picture supplied). Ashish was up next, just before Pieter left us. And then we woke Sylvie up at 7:30 since we needed to be leaving at 8.

On time, we caught the train to the Antwerp station, got our tickets to Brussels, and away we went. Ashish was getting off at a different stop because he had some time to kill and to see some of the sights of Brussels.

Look at all that luggage!
We said our goodbyes to Ashish, and then it was down to Sylvie and me. My stop wasn't much further, at the Brussels airport. Sylvie escorted me in as far as she could go. I exchanged my Euros back to dollars (WOW! I can't believe I still had some Euros left!) and then we said our goodbyes and I was off to my gate!

What a wonderful experience this was! Everyone was so friendly! And like I said earlier, the meetup was a big happy family! I made great new friends, and I can't wait to see them again...many I will probably see in Amsterdam. I want to thank Pieter for helping Sylvie and for letting us stay at his place. And finally, I want to thank Sylvie for putting this together. I know it wasn't always easy, but Sylvie came through with flying colors and the weekend, in my opinion, turned out better than I could have ever hoped for.

sybil says:
looked like a fun time!!!
Posted on: May 13, 2008