Friends Will Be Friends

Hong Kong Travel Blog

The newest skyscraper in HK

I have an old work colleague who lives in Hong Kong and he has offered us a place to stay for a few days.  About 2 hours before we are due to arrive in Kowloon he SMS's me to say he has gone away for the weekend but when I reply he responds that he is only joking and will be meeting us at the station!

He lives with his wife and young son at a flat on the middle levels of Hong Kong island and it is a great base for us for a couple of days.  Though I have been to Hong Kong before I have never really had the chance to see more than the inside of a few hotels and restaurants so I want to take this opportunity to see some of the country.

To start we catch the Star Ferry to see Kowloon and views back to Hong Kong. The next morning we take the summit tram and walk back down to the apartment.  In the afternoon we catch a ferry to the new airport island and a bus up to see the "large budda".  There is a cablecar we can catch back but the queue looks long so we walk (7Km but downhill), and discover some of the countryside that I never knew existed in Hong Kong.

skippyed says:
Since my last update Ive been there twice now and seen a lot of Hong Kong and Macau!
Posted on: Oct 03, 2012
skippyed says:
Another place I want to go! my list is longer than the Great Wall of China!
Posted on: Jun 03, 2008