Carnaval Argentina style

Gualeguaychu Travel Blog

We all know about the famous carnaval in Rio de Janeiro. Why didn´t anyone tell us about carnaval Argentinian style?

When trying to find out about this lil gem of a celebration, unfortunately the Lonely Planet provided us with a single non-descript line indicating its existence...bloody traveller´s bible my it was lucky we even made our way to this town, which wasn´t initially included in the plan. What can we say?  We were blown away!!

To be amongst a crowd consisting totally of local Argentinians and South Americans was fantastic. It is so good to leave all the gringo´s behind, and party with the locals! And our 12 dollar front row seats weren´t anything to complain about either! Bargain compared to the prices in Brazil! The parade started at 10pm, and kicked on until the wee hours of the morning. Sequins, arse, feathers, huge floats, glitter, boobs and dancing. Absolutely spectacular.

Arlene has now definitely seen enough tits and arse to last a lifetime...Tris isn't quite there yet.

stanlss says:
I am deciding to visit Argentina carnival in Gualeguaychu next year. Is it necessary booking a hostel if i just stay there for 1 night? Coz I am deciding to go to Igauzu after the show. Please give me some idea. Thank you so much
Posted on: Dec 18, 2007
X_Drive says:
You captured the spirit and fun of Carnaval very well. It looks like you have a good time doing it too! :)
Posted on: Jan 28, 2007