Premiere of LOST (Season 2)

Waikiki Travel Blog

Another beautiful sunset before the LOST premiere

By the time my second year of teaching rolled around, the show LOST was quite popular.  The set had been moved from its previous location in Mokule’ia because so many people went to see it.  The stars were every day people on the island, and it wasn’t surprising to see Matthew Fox at Lanikai Juice anymore.

Waikiki also has an event called Sunset on the Beach.  It is usually on the weekends and the show movies for free on a large screen.  The movies aren’t brand new releases, but it’s a nice outing.  We had gone to a couple of them.

When the second season of LOST was about to start, they announced that it would premiere at Sunset on the Beach a week prior to it airing on TV nationally.  A couple of my friends and I decided that we would head into town for the premiere.  The stars were very friendly and casual which was a plus.  I was HOPING for a picture with Josh Holloway since Sawyer is my absolute favorite bad boy on TV.  However, when he walked by he was on the other side of the carpet, so I had to admire his studliness from afar.  I did get my picture taken with Naveen Andrews (Sayid) and was surprised to hear him speak with a British accent.  I didn’t know he was from England!

The show was awesome of course, but it was really hard to keep everything a secret for a whole week!

Another beautiful sunset before th…
Another beautiful sunset before t…
A little water action