MS Walk

Honolulu Travel Blog

MS Walk at Ala Moana Beach Park. My friend from home was diagnosed in 2002. Team "For Pat".

When I was in college, my friend Pat from home was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis.  It was a pretty difficult time for our group of friends as a whole.  We were all away from home, and there was nothing we could really do to help.  I remember talking to him on the computer in font sized 72 just so he could see it, because he was going blind.

We are fortunate that Pat responded well to his treatment.  He is happy and healthy, and getting married soon!  Each year our friends participated in the MS Walk in New Jersey along with Pat’s family.  When I moved, I was pretty sad that I would not be able to walk that spring.

So I started thinking, if I can’t walk with my old friends, why not walk with my new friends?  I explained my situation and got a group of people together for the MS Walk in Honolulu.  I was really moved that the people I knew barely 6 months took the time to do something that was so important to my friends 5,000 miles away.  We walked at Ala Moana Beach Park on a beautiful day for a beautiful reason; a simple reason really, like our team’s name, “For Pat”.

MS Walk at Ala Moana Beach Park.  …
MS Walk at Ala Moana Beach Park. …
Honolulu