A sad week in the Hawaii experience

Rockford Travel Blog

on Aug 7th 3 marines from my unit went on a mission and only 1 came back a fourth marine (not from my unit) who was injured was flown to germany and I hear he is okay.  I got word on the 12th of thier deaths and by that time they were all over the news I am so happy I had not seen them there on the news like that.  I will miss more now than I ever have because now I know I will never see them again.  I bought a plane ticket to chicago to be with his wife family and freinds and of course some Marines from my unit that were still active and some already has eas'd came out to be the paulbearers.  It was a nice service.  I had an overnight flight and had jusy checked into my hotel and not 10 mins later I left to go to the service.  I do want to say though that he was from such a beautiful area.  As I was driving down the highway the early morning fog was haning just above the corn stalks and the sun was coming up which turned the sky a very pretty blue and pink color.  We passed over the Rock river and again there was fog there like it was ready for its picture to ba taken.  By nightfall I could see the lights of small fishing boats scattered across the river and the lighning bugs were dancing along the treee lines.  It is such a beautil place I hope I am able to go back under better circumstances.  RIP Ski and Trejo.
TRE69 says:
Jackie...so sorry to hear about your loss! My prayers go out to you and your friends' families! Take care!
Posted on: Aug 18, 2008