Trip to Barca !!

Barcelona Travel Blog

DAY 1

Ok, well basically the decision to go to Barcelona was made simply because i was bored at work one day and found some cheap flights on ryan air from Shannon to Girona....worked out at about €55 euros return which was brilliant ! ... flights were booked for nov 14th-nov18th...didnt book the accomodation until about a week before and came to about €200 each for the 2 of us. All in all pretty cheap for a city break !

Flight to Girona was one of the ones at like half 7 in the morning so we were at the airport at 5 pretty much comotose as had been up packing till about 3 that mornin (My attempts at travelling light were in vain!) .

Our wonderful apartment !
We arrived in Girona airport around half 10 or so and got the Bus to the city...then the metro to the Ramblas as we were staying in an apt on a sidestreet off it (so far so good!) . Finding the street was somewhat difficult as we had no sense of direction and tried asking a few local people who to be honest were just pretty rude !! Found it eventually and the apt was actually quite nice although the street seemed a bit dodge...especially at night time!

That day we decided to look around the local area and of course all the surrounding shops too ! OMG the sephora there is AMAZING...i could literally have spent hours in there looking at all the makeup and hair stuff! If only i had the money to buy it all !! Didnt get up to much else that day except for wander around a few of the shops before heading back to the apt and deciding on our plans for the next few days !

DAY 2

Got up quite late that day (at about 1 or so i think !).

Mmmm...Sweeties :D
Getting cultured wasnt quite on top of our list of priorities so the sightseeing was put off for another day while we hit the shops ! Found some really great little boutique-y type shops on loads of tiny side streets off the ramblas ! some were pretty expensive but some of the stuff there was really nice so if u like to shop then you should definitely go off exploring them! Fave shop there was desigual at the top off the ramblas....not really for the clothes but because the store was like walking into a rave or something...was pretty cool ! Hit all the usual shops you'd expect there like Zara, Bershka, Pull&Bear etc...got some greats stuff :)

One really cool place we found was this tiny little chocolate shop just off the ramblas which literally had me drooling like a puppy thru the window ! we were given some free samples and OMG, total yum ! Also went to La Boqeuira ( the big food market on the ramblas) totally amazing! I loved all the sweet stalls ! so colourful and pretty !! Definitely recommend going to this marketplace !

That night we met up with some friends in an irish bar on Placa Uriquiona(somethin like that).

Sephora !! I love this shop !!
Brilliant Measures ! asked for a double and the glass was 3/4s full up with no ice !! needless to say i was quite pleased :)...headed onto a club called city hall where some DJ my friends liked was playing...pretty good nite although the drinks were REALLY expensive in there ...€9 for a vodka !!....altho with the €10 entry we were given a free drink...however being unaware of the price of drinks i stupidly chose a shot !...My cousin on the otherhand got a triple vodka ! FREE!! I certainly didnt make that mistake again !!

Day 3

Got up early with pretty sick heads on us and headed to see the Gaudi church place...was good to see in a sense but not really my idea of fun ! later that day we had planned on going to the imax theatre for a laugh but when we got down there we discovered a whole other shopping centre so needless to say we kinda got distracted !

Day 4

Our last full day in Barcelona and seeing as our finances were pretty much gone we decided a bit of sightseeing was probably our best bet.

.. Off to Camp Nou/Nou Camp...watever u wanna call it !...Cant say im much of a soccer fan to be honest but was pretty cool going on the tour cuz u get to see all the dressing rooms and conference rooms and all that stuff ! Entrance was 16 euro but it took us a good hour or so to go round the whole place so was pretty good !

That nite we went to the city hall place again and had loads of drunk conversations with loads of randomers.

One thing i would say though at nite, especially when uve had a few is to keep hold of your bag, money etc ! when we were walking home that night the ramblas was a bit dodge with a lot of prostitutes out and im pretty sure one tried to pickpocket me (pockets were empty so ws ok but still !)

LAST DAY !

Last day we had to be outta the apt by noon.

...but our flight wasnt till late that evenin...basically i nursed a hot chocolate for a good 2 hours in starbucks on the ramblas till we found this buffet place called Mui i think it was. Really good value for money as was only €9.95 for all the food AND drink you wanted !!  although i'l admit it was certainly more about quantity than quality there !

All in all our trip to Barca was Great ! bought some really great clothes ( including a dress form morgan which i LOVE) . Definitely wud go back there again !:)

By the way, this is my first travel blog so if you have any comments on it let me kno :) Be nice please :)

Love ya lots like vodka shots :D
Love ya lots like vodka shots :D
The airline who made the trip poss…
The airline who made the trip pos…