Czech Republic

Prague Travel Blog

I went to Prague for a couple of days to meet up with friends last autumn. I had heard from many people that it was such a beautiful city so my expectations were high. Luckily for me, my expectations were not only met but exceeded. The centre of town has been declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site and when you see it you feel as though you are stepping back in time. The city is often called the city of a 100 spires • and it leaves up to the name. It seems as though everywhere you look there are spires reaching for the sky. This is especially the case when standing on the Charles Bridge. I loved the city’s architecture and how many of the buildings were so colourful. It contains one of the world’s most pristine and varied collections of architecture, from Art Nouveau to Baroque, Renaissance, Cubist, Gothic, New-Classical and ultra-modern. As one of my friend’s commented when she first saw the main square and its historic buildings, “it is like a fairly tale.”

The Prague Castle on the other side of the Vltava River offers great views of the city and is very historic and must be visited.

The city of Prague is also a great place to have a pint of beer and to party the night away. If you have time, I also recommend visiting the countryside as there are many wonderful castles and small towns that are very much worth seeing.

Organized everything through www.europetraveltours.net.