Storming to Iowa

Dyersville Travel Blog

main street - 1

I left my sister's place in Chicago, and headed to Midway Airport, to pick up a rental car. Then headed out of Illinois and into Iowa. Have to say, the drive did look kind of nice, but I did not have much time to stop.

I crossed the Mississippi River, and entered into Iowa. I always thought of this as Middle America, or the part of America's Heartland. I headed for the Field of Dreams in Iowa. The drive would take about 4 hours, and it started to rain when I got into Dyersville.

I was driving through farmlands when it started to rain really hard. And it was very scary, being in the open field, and seeing lightning in the distance. I even prayed that I would get out of that alive, because it was that scary. And I decided to stay in the area for the night. So I checked into a Super 8 Motel.

When the rain stopped, I went to the business district and spent a little time there. It does seem like a small American town, which was nice. Kind of what I pictured in my mind.

I did not do much, and just relaxed in my hotel room. I would have a longer drive the next day.

monkeymia79 says:
Good on you for stopping, safety first.

Love that main street.
Posted on: May 24, 2016
EmEm says:
There can be something good in things that we do not plan.
Posted on: May 23, 2016
spocklogic says:
I looked up this town and seems it has a claim to fame of being: 'The Farm Toy Capital of the World". The National Farm Toy Museum is here and also apparently the baseball field built for the film Field of Dreams is here. Who knew?
Posted on: Nov 26, 2013