First TravBuddy Meeting

Minneapolis Travel Blog

Minneapolis skyline

As I entered into the Twin Cities, I tried to return the rental before getting charged more, but was not able to.I had to put gas into the car, and it was a bit of a challenge to find a nearby gas station.When I finally returned the car at the airport, I would be charged for 2 extra hours.

I was tired from so much driving, the most I've done in my life at one time. I took the Light Rail into downtown Minneapolis, then a bus to the hostel. I didn't bother looking around. I checked in the hostel, and then took a nap.

When I woke up, I would head into downtown, then meet up with some TravBuddies. Feeling better now, I went back into downtown, then went up to the river. I crossed the bridge into Nicolett Island, which was a small park. I walked along the river, then crossed the iron bridge to the Riverwalk.

Alyssa, Michael, Wayne, Bill
I heard church bells, and decided to go up the stairs to it. Then I walked along the main street of St. Anthony Main.

I headed back to downtown, and walked around Nicollet Mall, which was an outdoor shopping mall, connected by skyways. And there was the Mary Tyler Moore statue. I thought she was a native of the Twin Cities, but I was told that it's just the TV show took place there.

I walked up to Brit's Pub, where I would meet TravBuddies, Michael (Lord_Mike), Alyssa (alyssa_ob), and Bill (the_bill). We sat at one of the tables outside. While everyone else got their drinks, it took a while for the waitress to get my water. We had to remind her several times, and after a while, we finally got it.
Bill, Alyssa, Michael, me
Michael and Bill took pictures of their food, which I never thought of doing. I'll have to remember that, when I try something unusual. We would later be joined by Michael's friend, Wayne. We talked and had a great time!

After dinner, we went upstairs to the second floor, where there was lawn bowling and partying. The TBers were looking into places for their upcoming meeting. When we left the pub, Wayne had to leave, but the rest of us walked around the downtown area. They showed me around the area, visiting various places, like Hard Rock Cafe and Gameworks.

Then to the Warehouse District, where the Target Center is located, and nearby is where the Twins new ballpark was being built. I will return to the Twin Cities in the future, when the Twins are playing there.

After our walk around, we headed back, and Alyssa gave me a ride back to the hostel. Once there, I went straight to bed.

vances says:
Before TB I never would have considered taking a picture of my dinner in a restaurant...but I do it all the time now, lol!

:^)
Posted on: Jan 12, 2014
cotton_foam says:
Congrats on the feature, Walter! :)
Posted on: Jan 12, 2014
Bill, Alyssa, Michael, me
Minneapolis by the Mississippi Riv…
Minneapolis by the Mississippi Ri…
Minneapolis (seen from Nicollet Is…
Minneapolis (seen from Nicollet I…
Nicollet Mall