Island Living

Greece Travel Blog

Island Living

Four days in Athens, and we’re off to the islands. We woke up at 5am on Thursday to meet the rest of the class and catch the tram to the port. Even at 5am it was hot in the apartment. We took the tram to the subway, and the subway to the Port of Piraeus. (Hailey – I had my first Choco Frozido – it was INCREDIBLE! Soooo good. Please give me some more advice on things to try. Who knew that a frappuccino could taste like that?) Port of Piraeus was chaos, we couldn’t find our ferry, and walked all around until we finally found it. The ferry was awesome, we sat on the roof, it was sunny and warm, but we had shade. The ocean water is the most beautiful shade of blue I’ve ever seen, its so vibrant and clear, its almost like staring into the sky, infinitely deep and bright. It was great to have a relaxing soothing morning on the boat after hectic busy and HOT days in Athens. The ride was about 5 hours and then we arrived in Mykonos! We stayed here for 3 nights, and visited other islands during our stay. We went to the archeological site at Delos, then to see an Orthodox pilgrimage site at Tinos, and then spent a night in Syros on our way home. I’ll make a separate post for each island so I can show more pictures.