Southern Hospitality Begets Free Entertainment and Mother's Day Gift...

Knoxville Travel Blog

So ater an evening camping in the Great Smoky Mountains, I drove north through the comical setup of Gatalinburg and Pidgeon Forge/Dollywood for Knoxville, TN.  It would serve as lunch break on my way to Nashville

I parked downtown and wandered into the knoxville welcome center.  There were a bunch of people inside sitting down and preparing themselves for some live bluegrass.  I ran into a young man in the bathroom who couldn't help himself from recommending the bbq sandwich.  We squibbed some smalltalk before I left to go buy said sandwich while he went up on stage.  He was the banjo player.  Funny.  The group was three guys and one girl, classic, mountain bluegrass.  They looked kinda like mormons, but they had more zazz.

While eating and listening, an older man saddled up next to me and began to tell me what to check out around the area.  He told me about a great pro-artist shop that cuts out the middleman and links the retailer to the artist directly, so they make all the cash.  I finished my sandwich and decided to have a look.  They had crafts and art from all over the states and the globe.  Really cool stuff.  So cool in fact that I purchased a small fountain for my mother and had it shipped to her by mother's day.

i can be an ass sometimes to her, but i've still got my eyes out for her.

Feeling satisfied, I disembarked for Nashville later in the afternoon.

Great vibes in Knoxville.
Knoxville