Catching up with the Wolfman...

Loveland Travel Blog

After a kickass weekend in Chicago, I streaked across Iowa and Nebraska to catch up with an old friend in Loveland, TX.  Not much going on the road (except for ridiculous traffic outside Lincoln, Nebraska).  As I entered Colorado, I knew I had entered a different standard of life.  The big sky was dark and cloudy, and it began to rain and sleet.  Then a lightning bolt streaked down to an unknown site lighting the sky and the surrounding environment.  It was so amazing, and it lifted my tired eyes to become aware of where I was and where I was going.
The wolfman welcomed me into his apartment he shared with his gf.  We talked a bit before heading to sleep (it was pretty late, like 14+ hours of driving for me, too).

Loveland is not so much different than my home town.  It is a franchise/superstore lover's paradise.  Luckily, the rockies were just out of town.  So yeah, you've got to deal with the monotony of another wal-mart, starbucks, mcdonalds littered town, but you've got an amazing playground minutes away.

The wolfman took me up to the first ridge to walk around with his puppy (australian sheepdog, border-collie mix), who nearly plummeted to her death.  Luckily, I was able to grab hold of her leash as she was about to fall 90 feet and yanked her back up.  Close call.

We caught up with wolf's gf for some Za.  There's an excellent pizzaria in Fort Collins called Beau Jo's.  Actually, there are a few of them in colorado.  CHECK OUT THE CHALLENGE!!!

We went back to the apartment to chill, drink a few brews and watch some film.  The next day, ready for more of the Rockies, I took off for Steamboat Springs where I crashed with  one of my sister's friends for the night.
Loveland