Today, I Leave for Uncertainty.

Midland Travel Blog

Me before heading out for the road. me childhood home out back.
I left my home, a 63-acre "hobby farm" (as we like to say, because what we do is considered minor farming, but it's not for our livelihood), with an anti-climatic fanfare.  It's not like I needed a sending-off party.  There's nothing like a drawn out goodbye.  Well, I'm sure there are things like it.  An awkward silence is like a drawn-out goodbye.  I've heard of several wedding ceremonies likened to a terribly long goodbye.  Watching unhealthy people ordering at fast food restaurants or walking into all-you-can-eat buffets...well, you get the picture.  I gotta pick my statements a bit better, i guess.

Anyhow, I left home with my car packed with what I believe to be essential to my survival.  This means I overpacked.  Considering what I used to call "essential," though, this pack job was relatively light and way, less expensive.

I had a vague idea of my future destinations.  I would be heading north to Chicago to see my cousin and his partner, plus an old friend from high school.  Then, I'd take off west to Loveland, Co. to catch up with a close friend for a night-or-two.  After that respite, it'd be on towards California

Luckily, my schedule was extremely flexible, so there would be no rushing if there didn't need to be.

My future is uncertain, and my destinations not totally decided, but the experience will open my mind and heart to what my country REALLY has to offer: a diverse beauty that I can finally dedicate some quality time to.
Me before heading out for the road…
Me before heading out for the roa…
Midland