Mt Muntahak, Kota Tinggi, Malaysia

Malaysia Travel Blog

to go from singapore: take bus 170 from kranji MRT station to cross the courseway into johor, malaysia. from there, continue the bus to larkin bus terminal. take a bus to kota tinngi town. the journey is about an hour and cost about RM5 per person. from kota tinggi town, take a cab to Mt Muntahak. Alternatively, take a cab after reaching johor, which is what i did. there were 3 of us, a return trip cost RM130. the cab driver waited for us while we were at Mt Muntahak. for this mode of transport, RM20 per person is reasonable but expect to pay more per person if u travel in less than a group of 4 as cab drivers quote the fare by number of cab, not per person.

At Mt. Muntahak:  Entry cost RM9 per person. locker service RM2 each. complusory to have a guide to trekk up the mountain, it cost RM2 per person. the trekk up is relatively easy. but earlier rain had made the ground slippery and it was more challenging for us. waterfall is cool and nice. water is shallow. small fishes are seen in the water. 3 man made water slide at foot of the mountain. float for rent at RM5 each. food and beverage available. RM10 is more than enough for a meal.

NOTE:  the malaysia girls there wore long pants when wading in the water. so i wore a tee and shorts over my bikini in case it is deem indecent to wear a bikini although i think they won't scold u if u wear one, just stare at you. accomodation available, think it is call waterfall resort

tvillingmarit says:
Thanks for tips, I`m visiting my sister in KL next spring. I`m going by bus to Singapore and returning to KL I think I`ll try Mt. Muntahak.
Posted on: May 11, 2008