Half day tour in Reykjavik

Reykjavik Travel Blog

Hallgrimskirkja

It was pouring rain...again! So, didn't get to see much but there's not that much to see in Reykjavik anyway, right? Anything to make me feel better. The next time we'll go when the weather is better. You just don't fancy walking around in the rain to much. We didn't really have time to check out the nightlife either as our flight was at 7am the next morning and it was about a 45 minutes ride from Reykjavik to Keflavik.

All we got up to was to see Hallgrimskirkja and what a magnificent sight that is! It's a beautiful church. It reminded me of Svartifoss. The church looks like it has been built out of basalt. It is very beautiful inside as well and you can get a lift up on top, with a great view over Reykyavik!

After that we went to the Blue Lagoon.

Hallgrimskirkja
What a nice place, man made but somehow magical. It is well worth the fee. We spend ages there just floating about the water. They have little buckets with Silica mud that you can apply to your face. Needless to say we did that :)  The water of the Blue Lagoon is supposed to be very good for certain skin conditions but I assume you'll have to visit more than once to benefit from that. Before entering the water you should protect your hair with conditioner. They are provided in the shower, so is shower gel. It is a very relaxing atmosphere and I would definitely return.

After that we went back to Reykyavik. We were supposed to meet Bragi, who gave us bucketloads of advice on the Lonely Planet forum and we wanted to get a bite to eat. We asked the hotel for recommendations but the place that was highly recommended was totally booked out. We have found a little restaurant that served pasta dishes and it was excellent! After that we went to the Dubliner to meet Bragi. Don't start me on irish bars...it was Bragi's idea ;) He didn't turn up as he got caught at work. We stayed for one drink, Isk 1000 for a pint and a glass of beer (approx €12!!!). And I thought Dublin was expensive, how could you afford a night out in Reykyavik? After that it was off to bed with us. I wish we would have had more time in Reykyavik, definitely the next time.

Leif Eiriksson
Leif Eiriksson
Hallgrimskirkja
Reykjavik view from the top of Hal…
Reykjavik view from the top of Ha…
Blue Lagoon
Blue Lagoon
Reykjavik Sights & Attractions review
If you are in Iceland, you can't miss the Blue Lagoon. It's man made and it's very touristy but well worth a visit. The entrance fee is Isk 1400,- for… read entire review
Reykjavik