The harbour of Antwerp

Antwerp Travel Blog

Sometimes I`m just like a boy, because when I have to choose between shopping in Antwerp, or sailing through the port, I don`t have to think twice!

So I chose the boat trip, which was very impressing and interesting.

I had never seen such a great harbour before, I really enjoyed every minute of the trip.

The captain has told a lot about the port.

While I was drinking my coffee and looked around with my camera, I was listening to the following information:

The port of Antwerp is the gateway to Europe.

It`s the second largest port in Europe for international shipping freight and a world-class container port.

Antwerp is the perfect port of the future as it is the only seaport that can receive millions of tonnes of cargo so far inland. Cargo can be brought 80 km inland to Antwerp by the most environmentally friendly means of transport, which therefore avoids many truckloads having to be carried over the same distance.

The port of Antwerp is handling an annual volume of more than 180 million tonnes. As a seaport, Antwerp is a key link in the chain of international trade. Every year 15,000 seagoing ships and more than 65,000 barges call at Antwerp. Some 250 cargo trains are loaded and unloaded every day, while thousands of trucks drive in and out the port. Vast quantities of liquids are also transported to and from Antwerp through the extensive pipeline network.

The pictures I made let see how it works and how great it was.

I really enjoyed my trip through the port of Antwerp, no regrets of my choice !

The boat trip takes two hours and I recommend everyone who visit Antwerp this boat trip!

aggieaggie says:
I think also men sometimes think like a girl, but they don`t say it, we do haha:-)
Posted on: Sep 13, 2008
blurbmoi says:
I so can relate! in thinking like a boy sometimes. haha.
Posted on: Sep 13, 2008