Arriving in Paris

Paris Travel Blog

I arrived in Paris @ 7.20 am.  I hopped onto the Metro over from the airport straight to my hostel, Oops.  But, I couldn't check in until 4pm.  So, I decided to wander around Paris a bit.  I found a cool little open market in the 13th arrondissement, where I picked up my lunch.  Then, I came back to the hostel and chilled out until a friend of mine in Paris came to show me around the city.  She gave me a personal tour showing me where she goes to school, Sorbonne, and just many other little cool spots around the city.  We went to the famed Bathillion ice cream shoppe, I must say even though it was good it was the smallest ice cream scoops I have ever  Then, we went to the well-known La Duree which is a very exquisite looking dessert shoppe.  She forced me to try their macaroons, I am not a big sweets person but I was pleasantly surprised of how smooth and creamy the macaroon was.  We treked around Paris for about 4 hours.  Whew, that was a, but I had a great first day.  Later on after checking into my hostel, I met my other roommates.  Joakim and Moa from Sweden, they were very cool laid-back people we clicked instantly.  We went on discussing the differences between our two countries and after a while we decided to go get something to eat.  We went to a place of of Mouffetard Avenue, it was a fondue place, it said on a big sign "15 euros All-you-can-eat" so we said why not.  The meal wasn't too bad.  But, we were fooled we thought we had wine included with our meal but, it turned out that we bought a bottle at 18 euros!  I will make sure next time I would be aware of what I was purchasing.  Afterwards, we came back to the hostel and just crashed for the night.
7,308 km (4,541 miles) traveled