the hills are alive... but i am suicidal! haha

Salzburg Travel Blog

the hostel. there we meet our first problem. the bastards had cancelled our booking, cos apparently they didnt get our email! so, after much searching by the hostel guy, eventually we ended upüs taying on the floor of the common room. which to be fair turned out in our favour, as we got a free night! haha. sod them, were happy!

the first day in salzburg was spent moslty huntind down a western union, getting lost walking from the train station, even with the aid of a map!, and sitting in the hospital waiting for them to tell me, after a couple fo xrays, that i have slightly torn the tendons in my foot. been given a strapping to wear for the next at least 2 or 3 weeks, and apparently it will be that long before it stops hurting. not happy.

however, after that day of housekeeping as i shall call it, we had a fairly good time in lazburg. we got to see a fair bit of it on the sound of music tour that rachael insisted we did, and actually i had had reccomended to me. it was interesting, we saw a lot of beautiful places, but the people. dear god the people! the tour guide was the most camp guy i ave met! hillarious! but the rest of the people on the tour, particularly the americans, were so completely obsessed with the sound of music, it made you want to top yourself!! haha

took a look around the city, went and ate at an italian place last night, actually send 20 euros on a bottle of wine! haha. it was nice.

now killing time at the train station waiting for a train to munich. just spent so much money on my eurstar ticket, its painful to even think about it! gotta soent yet more to get as far as paris. and this time next week, i will be home. how strange!!

photo by: travpro11