A renewal of vows

Saint Kilda Travel Blog

Today I had to go to Saint Kilda Beach to perform a Renewal of Vows. Saint Kilda is about a 30 minute drive from our house. The renewal of vows was at the community hall. There was a verandah area on the ocean side of the hall which is where the ceremony was performed. The ceremony was fairly short and the couple then started having lots of photos taken with the ocean in the background as the sun was setting. Andrew and I went across the road to the local hotel to have dinner. What a pity I had left the camera at home :-(

The hotel is run by a couple who were the winners of an Australian reality show. The show was "My restaurant rules" They got to keep the restaurant that they set up which did well and they expanded to a couple of other restaurants. However, somewhere along the way, the restaurants closed and now they are at the St Kilda Beach Hotel.

There is quite a bit at St Kilda. There is an adventure playground, tramway museum, a mangrove walk and it is a popular place to go crabbing and fishing.  I will have to remember to take the camera and do a review of the area.

Saint Kilda