New Years Eve fireworks

Brighton Travel Blog

New Years Eve! At 9.30pm there are a few places along our coast that have fireworks. They do also have more at midnight but we opted for the early session. We headed for Brighton beach, we were lucky finding a carpark and then had a short walk to the beachfront. It was a great spot, not were we would normally be but we had a great view of the fireworks without breathing in the smoke as we usually do. In the background, we were also able to see the other fireworks that were at Glenelg.

I tried taking some photos and although the fireworks were not the grand show put on in other parts of the world, it was pleasant on the sand by the ocean, watching the fireworks.

When they finished we made our way back to the car and drove home via the city. The city was no busier than normal! There just wasn't the party atmosphere around. Even driving home, there were not lots of houses with party's going on. Seemed very strange.

I had worked all day and had still eaten no dinner, so we just headed home. Andrew was in bed when midnight struck. I watched the countdown on tv. It was a quiet night really.

How did you all spend your night? :)

Happy New Year to everyone! Hope to meet up with a lot more Travbuddy's one day soon. :)

photo by: shirlan