Mandy's first day

Adelaide Travel Blog

Montifiore Hill (Adelaide in the background)

This morning Mandy slept in. When she finally got up and had some brunch, we set off to the shopping centre to do a couple of things.

After that we drove to Montifiore Hill which looks over the Adelaide skyline. From there we drove through Adelaide just to show Mandy how small Adelaide is.

Then our next stop was Glenelg. Glenelg is a lovely seaside suburb and the weather was beatiful so we walked out on the jetty. We then walked down to the marina area to have something to eat. It was a late lunch/early dinner and was delicious.

It was about 4pm so I asked Mandy if she really wanted to go to Victor Harbour and she said that she would.

Glenelg
We set off for Victor Harbour and arrived there at about 6pm. It was great. Daylight saving and hardly anyone there. We went for a walk across the bridge to Granite Island and over to the kiosk. Then we decided to walk around the island. Less than 2kms and about 40 minutes to get around, I worked out that it would be ok as we would get back before it was dark. I am not very fit so the walk was hard work for me at times but worth it. Some beautiful scenery and great exercise.

We walked back across the bridge and it was just starting to get dark. Near 8pm! I phoned Andrew to let him know that it would be a while before we would be home. We then drove around a little bit to an area called the Bluff. It was now a bit too dark to see anything but we had a drink before the long drive home.

I took the wrong road so it took longer than it could have but while travelling we could see the lights of Adelaid and when we got back to Adelaide I drove through the main areas for the night clubs and strip clubs.

It was a long day. We got home after 11pm. The only problem was of course that Mandy could not see anything because it was too dark.

Mandy loved the short time in Victor Harbour.

KeikoCreative says:
This morning I was talking to Gejah, so wonderful that Mandy is there visiting both of u. So the both of u must add Netherlands in your future list for meetup, that will really be lovely:)
Posted on: Mar 26, 2009
Montifiore Hill (Adelaide in the b…
Montifiore Hill (Adelaide in the …
The rocks around Granite Island