Kookaburra

Adelaide Travel Blog

Today I was perfoming a wedding in the Adelaide Botanical Gardens. Although Andrew did take a few photos of the wedding, they are not for putting on here. I had hoped however to take some photos around the gardens after the wedding but the weather in Adelaide at the moment is terrible and we knew that it was going to rain again.

Just before and during the ceremony the rain stayed away but the wind was very strong. It even blew over the chairs. It made keeping the papers in place interesting too. However, all in all the fact that it did not rain was great. Unfortunately I don't think the same can be said for the photos of the bridal party after the ceremony.

Next to the Botanical Gardens is the Zoo. Although we of course did not go there, today the Pandas - Wang Wang an Funi were delivered to Adelaide Zoo. They will be here on loan from China for 10 years so sometime we will catch up on that.

Anyway, as we were walking out of the gardens I couldn't figure out why so many people were taking photos of the wedding cars. I couldn't see anything that special about them. Then I saw the Kookaburra. A native Australian bird that we do see but not normally sitting on a car.

I thought it was worth the photo opportunity. The Kookabura finally flew back into a tree.

sylviandavid says:
Interesting blog.... so happy the rain held of for you and the bride.... :) sylvia
Posted on: Dec 08, 2009