Engagement

Adelaide Travel Blog

The ring! And the roses too!

Well this is it! The party is on and our daughter Sarah is officially engaged to Richard. The party is in our back yard and it is a great night! Friends, family, food and a few drinks.

Won't say that I never thought this time would happen but Sarah had no intention of getting married any time soon. March 2008, she didn't even have a boyfriend!  Sarah went to the Northern Territory to make her fortune. Out in Arnhiem Land in an Aboriginal community. A town called Nuggkah. That is where she met Rick. They became friends, then more than friends. It wasn't too long before I got a phone call to say she was moving to Darwin with Rick and his sister Tonya. Then a couple of days later they had jobs in a resort in Kakadu.  Wasn't long before I got another phone call. "Mum, just thought that before I change my status on Facebook, I thought you should know, Rick has asked me to marry him and I said yes!  About a week later, another phone call. "Mum, I want to come home, and I am bringing Rick and his sister. Is it ok if we all move in?"  Well our almost empty nest went to overflowing again! They all moved in, got jobs, Andrew and I went on holiday, and now home, it is the engagement party. The wedding reception venue has already been chosen.   What will lifes adventures bring next!

The ring