City Lights

Adelaide Travel Blog

This one has a figure in it

We had been out all day but decided to head for the city for coffee with friends. We went to Rundle Street where we like to go to 'Cocolat' but as usual it was full. We went for a walk to see if there were any other cafes. Lots of restaurants that were full but no cafes that appealed to us. However on one of the corners, there is a multi story car park which has shops on the ground floor at the front.

The car park used to be an open style so we could see cars from the road but I think a couple of people had tried to drive through the barriers.  I don't know if that was part of the reason but some one decided to put a series of screens up. Now all you can see in daylight is screens but at night, there is a continual changing of coloured lights. Sometimes with words or shapes and other times just colours.

We have driven past many times but tonight, I had  left the camera at home so out came my mobile/cell phone. Couldn't really capture the way the lights looked because they change so quickly.

sophieclaire says:
I love this light installation. Yay! Adelaide is actually developing! I wish they had the Northern Lights active more often than just during the Finge and Fest. of Arts though...
Posted on: Jul 26, 2009
Sunflower300 says:
It looks fantastic. What a great idea.
Posted on: Jun 07, 2009