The Barossa run

Barossa Valley Travel Blog

Alpaca

Well this morning we had to set off a bit earlier than we did yesterday as I had to get back for an appointment.

Mandy is just trusting my judgement and was surprised by the first place that we went.

I headed towards the Barossa Valley but went out through Sandy Creek towards Williamstown. We stopped at the Barossa Valley Reservoir which is "Magic". When the reservoir wall was designed and then built, it was to keep the water in. It does that but has amazing acousticts too. First of all we stood on the side nearest and were able to talk to the people who were standing on the other side. After a while we walked over to the other side. Nearly everyone had gone so there was a tour driver started talking to us.

From there I found my way to Gumeracha and the "Big Rocking Horse" (the largest one in the world).

Mandy was very cautious
We also went into the animal enclosure which was funny. An Emu tried to attack Mandy. Luckily it was on the other side of the fence. There was a peacock that kept attacking a wallaby! Mandy became scared, it looked like all of our animals were vicious. Haha.  Mandy survived!

Then we went back towards the Barossa. I showed Mandy the "Herbig Family Tree" in Springton. It is a large tree which was hollow so a family lived in it.  We then drove through Angaston, Nuriootpa and on to Tanunda. Just before Tanunda I turned off to Seppeltsfield were there is the Seppelt family Mosoleum. After that we went to Tanunda and I was feeling a bit hungry so we stopped for something to eat.  From there we stopped at the Grant Burge winery for a short time. The gardens are beautiful.

Unfortunately it was time to head home for my appointment. We arrived home and I prepared for my appointment. Wouldn't you know it? I got a phone call and it was temporarily canceled!

Oh well. We then waited for my daughter Sarah and her fiance Rick to turn up and borrow the trailer to pick up their out door setting for their new appartment. They went to pick it up and then Andrew, Mandy and I went to Sarah and Ricks appartment. It was the first time we saw it. We didn't stay long as Sarah and Rick had not had dinner and they have to go to work tomorrow.

Another tiring but great day!

sylviandavid says:
Well I am pretty envious of Mandy... sounds like a great day!
Posted on: Mar 29, 2009
KeikoCreative says:
Oh is so nice, guess is a memorable trip for Mandy:)
Posted on: Mar 26, 2009
gejah says:
for mandy. on her school the children gather around in De Holle Boom! this is the same as the hollow tree. So familiar to her!!!
Posted on: Mar 26, 2009