Adelaide Botanic Gardens

Adelaide Travel Blog

Well tonight we were meeting friends in Adelaide for dinner. Andrew and I decided to go early as we figured that finding a car park could be a bit tricky as in Adelaide at the moment there is the "Fringe" plus Womadelaide has just begun. That means that there is lots of free entertainment in Adelaide as well as many shows that cost to get into.

There is one part of the "Fringe" called "The Garden of Unearthly Delights" in one of Adelaides parklands, which is free to get into but has lots of acts to see. Basically if you don't want to pay to see an act you can just wander around, eat & drink, and watch jugglers or ride on the Ferris Wheel.

Andrew is going to a comedy show on the 15th March at the Zoo. It is just one of the shows called going Ape at the Zoo.

There will be 4 comedians performing.

Also, because I am going to be performing a Wedding ceremony in the Botanic Gardens later in the year and Andrew might be doing one as well, we thought that we would go for a walk there first.

Therefore, - We left home for Adelaide, we were having a bit of trouble finding a carpark but found lots of little lane ways with new appartment blocks. Wow how Adelaide has changed.

Finally, we then walked the short distance to the Gardens. It has been many years since we have been. Don't know why! Not so many flower gardens now but pretty anyway. They have lots of Bamboo there which could be partly because a lot of the bamboo for the Pandas (which are arriving in Adelaide Zoo in 2010) is to be grown there.

I did take photos but for some strange reason they won't upload properly!

We had to leave though as they were closing the gates. So we headed back towards Rundle Street which is where we were to meet our friends later.  I took a couple of photos of the Ferris Wheel across at the Garden of Unearthly Delights and then we went to have a coffee. Finally it was time to meet our friends. We enjoyed our dinner then went over to the Garden of Unearthly Delights to wander around for a while before heading back to Rundle Street for a coffee.

Lots of strangely/interestingly dressed people around. Hmmmm, maybe it was because there was the Mardi Gras in Sydney and they celebrated in Adelaide.

azsalsa says:
Yes, beautiful, green and lush. I should revisit the Phoenix Botanical gardens but that'll have to wait until winter.....
Posted on: Jul 13, 2009
PhinsAndGills says:
What a beautiful place!
Posted on: Jul 13, 2009
sylviandavid says:
Reading that you haven't been to the botanic gardens in a long time reminds me of of how long it's been since I went to sequoia park.... I need to go again.... It's hard to remember to smell the roses in your own back yard! Sylvia
Posted on: Mar 29, 2009