Falling in love with Boracay

Boracay Travel Blog

All aboard

A few hours of sleep needed to be enough. We can’t afford to spend much of our precious time dreaming. After a heavy breakfast, we walked to the resort downhill where our boat awaited us. Boating and island hopping were on top of the ‘things to do’ list that day. After being on board, we started taking pictures. We were all thrilled at the moment when we all got in the boat. The waves were quite big during that day, but we never got scared. It only made us more excited. We were like kids having fun at a hammock being cradled by the strong winds. Our hammock was the boat; the strong winds were the big waves. The boat ride lasted for almost 3 hours, but the entire journey was sure fun.

Our first stop: Crystal Cove.

Crystal Cove Entrance
It’s an island resort where many caves are found. Two big ones will welcome you upon arrival in the beautiful island. Entrance fee was Php 150.00 but it was more than worth it. There was a lot to see in that island alone. It has a nice landscaping, magnificent statues, and other amazing structures. The other caves are located on spots where the waves kiss the rocks. The path to the other caves was very nice as it was surrounded with colorful plants. The view was truly breath-taking. One can see the waves lapping over the rocks which make up one-fourth of the island. It was very refreshing to feel fresh glory being sprinkled by the conspiracy of the cool waters and strong winds. After the Crystal Cove experience, we left for our next activity: snorkeling.

It was my first time to go snorkeling. The snorkeling site was not far from Crystal Cove so we got there quite fast. The snorkeling fee was Php150.

Lunch at Aria
00. The snorkels and goggles were contained in the boat so we only had to tell the boatmen who among us will go snorkeling.  The coral reef was very colorful, it was full of life. Marine organisms come in all shapes and sizes. My friend did not bring the underwater camera so we were not able to take pictures that time.

After snorkeling, we headed to the beach front to have lunch. We were all hungry so we wanted to have a heavy lunch and Aria was our choice of restaurant. Italian food is served in Aria. We had two pizzas and a serving of pasta. I forgot the names already so forgive me if I was not able to write them here. It was a wonderful dining experience. We left the place with satisfied appetites.

‘Tanning time’ finally came.

SUNBURN!
After the flavorful lunch, we went to Crystal Sand to sun bathe. It was also ‘siesta’ time then so an afternoon nap under the hot sun was the perfect way relax and get a tan. We exposed our almost naked bodies for a couple of hours. We took a dip at the cool waters every once in a while just so we don’t get totally roasted by the scorching heat of the summer sun.

We sun bathed until it was time to take pictures of the sunset. A scene as beautiful as the sunset is not easy to describe. It’s hard to find the exact words that will capture the essence of its magnificence.  We just let ourselves be mesmerized by the sunset. We took so many pictures, all of them were beautiful. Another wonderful day has passed; the night is yet to come.

Roast chicken and a cup of rice was what each of us had for dinner.

Ready to party!
We didn’t want to eat so much so as to avoid having bulging bellies at the party. After the dinner, we got back to the villa to prepare for another fun night ahead of us.  When we were all set, we took the tricycle and went back to the party place.

It was another enjoyable night. Even if we saw all the bars in all three stations, we still chose to stay in Guilly’s Bar at Station 1 where most of the fun happened. It was where people our age went to, although there were some who seemed much older than us. We got intoxicated while dancing the night away. The music was great that even if someone tries not to dance, he’d still see himself grooving to the rhythm. After emptying so many bottles of beer and glasses of different cocktails, dancing, picture taking and munching until past 4 am, we then decided that it was time to go home. Even if we were still uncertain regarding our plans for the following day, we just went to bed to doze off to gain much energy that we needed for the coming day.

Sweet dreams.

wheyceniza says:
hi! i would like to ask how much does that island hopping thing cost? and where can you find that in bora and that snorkeling too. thanks. by the way, nice article...
Posted on: Mar 18, 2010
Amon_Alas says:
You must definitely go there one day! :)
Posted on: May 10, 2008
worldcitizen says:
Boracay looks amazing. I only became aware of it after joining this site when I saw someone's blog on it. I'll definitely have to add to my list of places to visit!
Posted on: May 09, 2008
The famous BOOBwoman
The famous BOOBwoman
Our favorite sailboat
Our favorite sailboat
Just another stolen shot..
Just another stolen shot..
..like this