FUN FUN FUN!!!

Boracay Travel Blog

Lovin' it!

We got up at around 9 am. Much sleep was not necessary when having a vacation in Boracay. After breakfast, we all got ready for another day of fun. We went to D’ Mall to do some window shopping. We thought that it would be better if we’re able to see all the stores first before deciding on what and where to buy. After less than an hour of strolling around, we went to our tanning site, Crystal Sand. We were joined by two more friends who just arrived from Manila. The more, the merrier. We lied down on ours spots for more UV exposure and then swam for some cooling effect. After an hour or so of sun bathing, we headed back to the D’ Mall for lunch. We enjoyed the meal as much as we enjoyed the others. We might not have much time to sleep but we definitely had a lot of time to eat. After satisfying our cravings, it was time to let our melanocytes produce more melanin.

Dragon boat team
We needed much help from the sun to make this happen, so we went back to out tanning haven.

The afternoon passed by so quickly. We just sun bathed for a couple of hours. Our bodies could not deny the fact that we are being deprived of sleep anymore that in spite of the scorching summer heat we were still able to get some sleep.  After a short visit to dreamland, we got back to reality with more energy. We’re ready for more activities!

There are definitely a lot of activities one can do in Boracay.

Flying Kick! Heeeyaaah!
When the sun was already preparing to set, we opted to play some sports, not to burn some unwanted calories, but primarily just to have fun while waiting for the much-awaited part of the day. A Finnish guy who was sunbathing beside us was generous enough to lend us his volleyball. It was really cool to play ball in the beach. You don’t have to worry about falling into the sand or getting dirty (or sandy) because you can go and wash yourself anytime you want to. While we were playing, a local guy approached and asked us if we wanted to try skim boarding. An hour rental and tutorial cost us Php 200.00. It was very much worth it in our case because we were 5 who got to try it. It was my first time, but I felt like a pro. I’m not sure if that’s because it was easy to do or the instructor was good, or maybe because I was just great for a first-timer. Just kidding. While we were busy skim boarding, another guy came up to us to ask if we wanted to play Frisbee. Of course we did. So while four of my friends were feeling like pros in their skim boarding session, I played Frisbee with the other two.
Skim Boarding
We all enjoyed the whole time just playing. After most of my friends got tired, they all went back to our huts. When I was about to go with them, I saw the dragon boat team preparing for their practice. I told myself right at that moment that I wouldn’t let that day pas without being able to join a dragon boat race practice. So I immediately approached the team captain and asked him if I can join them. Thank goodness they allowed me to. I was really thrilled when I jumped in the dragon boat and to see myself seating there with the whole team. Oh my. That experience surely made my day.

After the practice, I hurriedly went back to tell my friends about what happened. They all envied me for it. They all wished they were able to join the practice as well. But what can I do, I was just the lucky guy that day.

Another beautiful sunset
Better luck next time my friends.

Then it was time to take pictures of sunset. We walked the shore while taking pictures so we got to see the sunset from different angles. That part of the day was when most of the people went to the beach. Many rode sailboats to watch the sunset. Others jogged, while still many others swam. Of course, there was also a lot who just walked with amazement while being captivated by the beauty of the descending sun.

We had dinner at Bite Club which was located at the D’ Mall. It’s where most of the shops and eateries are concentrated so finding a place to eat or buy souvenirs from isn’t too tasking at all.

Bite Club
Bite Club offers a variety of different burger ‘combinations’. One can choose from an array of different toppings, all seemed delicious. The burgers were mouth-watering. Add a serving of fries or potato wedges and your choice of drinks and it’ll surely feel like heaven. The serving was big, so we all felt full upon leaving the restaurant.

It was almost 8pm when we left D’ Mall to go back to our villa. While others took a bath, some opted to rest and take power naps. Then after we all got dressed up, we went back to the beach front to party. Again, Station 1 was the most alive but we still went to see the other 2 stations. We ended up partying in Beachcomber where an event organized for a local TV station took place. We danced as if we have never danced before. It was past 4 am when we went back home. We needed to sleep. We needed to recharge for another fun-filled day waiting for us.
Lovin it!