Up, Up, and Away!

Boracay Travel Blog

Pre-departure Area

It was last year when I decided that I must go to Boracay this summer. Back then, I thought that it would be a good motivation. Every day was a struggle in school; sleepless nights, practical exams, speech and language evaluations, case presentations, etcetera.  Name it. We had every bit of stressor there is on earth. But then, knowing there’s something great that I can look forward to made all the school load more bearable. I survived the school year with flying colors! Now, it’s time to celebrate!

I was sleepless went I went to Boracay, not because of too much excitement but fear.

My partners in crime!
Yes, I was afraid to sleep because I might not get up on time. My alarm clocks have failed me quite a number of times already, or maybe it was I who failed them. My two friends who I flew to Boracay with managed to get some sleep, lucky them. Our flight was scheduled at 5:45 am but since there were a lot of inspections at the airport, we went there as early as 3 am. The flight ‘counters’ were still closed when we arrived so there was much time to spend. Instead of taking a nap, we just decided to talk about what we think Boracay would be like.  And so the hours passed. Our flight was delayed for 30 minutes so we had to wait some more. Then, it was time. We then flew to Boracay!

It was my first time to ever ride on a plane, so you can just imagine how happy I was then.

See where I was seated?
I was seated right next to the emergency door. Next to the pilots and flight attendant, I felt like I was the next person responsible for saving the lives of my ‘planemates’. I listened intently to the instructions given by the flight attendant regarding what I must do in case something goes wrong. After which, I also read the manual just to make sure I understand everything clearly. The plane took off. It was like riding a roller coaster in a theme park except that it does not do 360 degree turns. The next thing I knew, we were already on top of the clouds. It was so nice to see how they look like from up above. The clouds looked like cotton candies floating in the air. Being on air as high as 11, 000 feet was a wonderful feeling. I got a high, literally. After 35 minutes on air, we finally landed on Caticlan Airport.

A transfer ride from the airport to the port was provided.

Sailin' away
We had to wait for a few hours for our 4 other friends to come. While we were waiting, we just opted eat breakfast at the eatery right outside the port. Our friends haven’t arrived yet even after we were already done eating. Time passed by so slowly, it felt as if it was not running at all. We wanted to sleep but there was no place to do so except the tables. We waited, they finally came. There was a feeling of so much happiness in the air. It felt good to see them. We wasted no time. We immediately paid all the necessary fees, got our tickets, and sailed. The boat trip lasted for about 30 minutes. The moment I saw the clear waters of Boracay, I wanted to take a dip but I had to wait for some more time. Patience is a virtue anyway. So there, I had to content myself with the fresh air and breath-taking view of the beach from the boat. I just looked forward to enjoying more of Boracay after the boat ride. After we got off the boat, we had to ride in a mini-van which brought us to the villa where we stayed for the 5 days of utopia.

hummingbird50 says:
Yiipppeee lets go!! I am ready :)
Posted on: Jun 14, 2010
cairelwoo says:
Hi Amon..kamusta :o)
Read your boracay blog and really interesting..lol Planning my trip to the Philippines in June this year and Boracay is included in my lists of places to spend my holidays ie. Manila and Baguio too. I'm new in here at TB...would appreciate some help to get started in TB. Hope you can help and perhaps we could meet in Manila for some fun outting with local pilipinos yeah!! Hope to hear from you soon.
Cheers..cairel (malaysia)
Posted on: Apr 11, 2010
vodkaphix says:
Great blog!
Posted on: May 31, 2009
View from our villa

We had lunch in my friend’s villa. She brought one of their housemaids with her just so we have someone to cook for us. After the sumptuous meal, we went to the 2nd floor to organize our things and just relax for a couple of minutes.  The villa was located on top of a hill so we got to have a magnificent view of the beach and the mountains alike. It was totally fascinating. The view itself was enough to soothe our sleepless minds and exhausted bodies. The villa was a 15-minute tricycle ride away from the beach front but it was worth the travel. After all, it’s better to stay in a place where you can see nature at its best.

After getting a dose of much-needed sleep, we then went to the private resort owned by my friend’s uncle.

The resort downhill
It was located just a few meters downhill. The walk down slope was never tiring because we felt one with nature. The trees provided shade while we walked, the cool breeze made its cooling effect be felt.

We reached the shore with much excitement. We all wanted to swim right away. But before we dived into the crystal clear waters, we took a lot of pictures first. The moment I got wet by the waters of Boracay was unforgettable. I was like a child enjoying his first time to swim in an Olympic-sized pool. I didn’t think that the water would be that clear. The clarity of the water in Boracay was unbelievable. It was almost similar to that in swimming pools. It was just amazing. Even if I was just a few steps away from the shoreline, I already saw schools of fish swimming underwater. It felt like they wanted to play with me, maybe they were just too shy.

Where do I go from here?

Bamboo rafts were anchored just a short swimming distance away. It’s where one can go to relax after a tiring swim, or just enjoy the view of the surrounding water. Algae were already growing on the lower part of the rafts so a lot of fish swimming around can be seen. My friend brought her underwater camera so we got to take underwater pictures, not of the schools of fish, but of ourselves.  After swimming for an hour or so, we went to the bar to quench our thirst with fresh buko (coconut) juice. Chatted for the next couple of hours, swam, and waited in the shore for the sun to set. Watching the sunset is always amazing. It was a nice way to end the day.

We then went back to our villa.

Party People
After dinner, we all took a bath and got ready for the night party. We didn’t feel any sign of fatigue. We didn’t need any amount of rest. We all wanted to party and the night has just begun.

We walked the entire shoreline to see all the party sites and to decide which to go to. We started from Station 1 where most of the people went to. But even if we already wanted to just stay because it seemed like nothing could be nicer than the party scene there, we still walked and saw what’s going on in Stations 2 and 3. And so we walked, took pictures, and looked at all the bars. There were also a lot of people in the other 2 stations but Station 1 still has the most. When we reached Station 3, we decided to start intoxicating ourselves by a dose or two of cocktails before going back to Station 1. After finishing our drinks, taking more pictures, and paying our bills, we then headed to where we really wanted to go. Station 1 was definitely the place to be.

We drank and danced all night long at Guilly’s Bar. We took pictures while drinking. We took more pictures while dancing. Everybody just had much fun. It was like a zoo, and we were the ‘party animals’. We all enjoyed the night as if there was no tomorrow. But then again, we had to go home before sunrise to get some sleep, and get ready for another wonderful day ahead.

p0m2girl says:
me too... can't wait till january when i will visit boracay :P
Posted on: Nov 04, 2011
Boracay1 says:
Great story and pictures...I can't wait to visit boracay....
Posted on: Oct 02, 2011
hummingbird50 says:
That was fun!!!
I will be back soon...to see the rest:)
Have a great day!!!
Posted on: Jun 14, 2010
Sailin away
Sailin' away
No need for a caption
No need for a caption
Our Plane
Our Plane
I dont know what this is
I don't know what this is
Reading carefully.
Cotton Candy
Cotton Candy
Cloud 9
Cloud 9
While passing through the clouds..
While passing through the clouds..
Hi-ho!
Boat ride
Boat ride
Bad hair day!
Bad hair day!
In the stillness of the afternoon..
In the stillness of the afternoon..
To Baling Hai Resort
To Baling Hai Resort
Greens
Greens
Stop over
Stop over
Can you see the school of fish?
Can you see the school of fish?
Still with my shirt on.
Cast Away
Cast Away
Amon goes Korean
Amon goes Korean
The face that launched a thousand …
The face that launched a thousand…
Bubbly