How Kazakhstan

Almaty Travel Blog

My decision about going to Kazakhstan was very strange and i didn’t really think much about it. I end up changing my 1 year plans to South America and bought myself a one-way ticket to Almaty

In the other day on travel channel i was watching a show on Kazakhstan and they reported this city to be one of the most dangerous in the world??!! really?? well, i know about some dangers but I’m still here, alive, and i also think that all the people going there and staying more than just a week will tell me that they feel the same as I did.

My arrival in Almaty was already full of mystery when i arrived during the night and i had a ride on a private 4wd with chauffeur from a danish man working in town. This way i had a first introduction to the city a bit different than the normal traveller coming all the way from the airport taking horrible taxis and get ripped off or even kidnapped, left out on the mountains without passport money bags etc etc. Nope, not me, I entered Kazakhstan in style private driver. :)

chatuca says:
Thank you for scaring me ! LOL ! Planning to go but now...
Posted on: Aug 04, 2010