EuropeItalyRome

When in Rome...

Rome Travel Blog

We got to Rome and Laura wasn’t well • sun stroke! And the reason for this I hear you ask. We she wandered off from us during our trip in Pompeii, so walking about in tremendous heat looking for someone is going to give you sun burn. Kay and me decided to have a wonder after settling into our hostel, and we promised not to go and see the Colosseum without Laura. We wandered about and had a lovely time and honestly by mistake we came across the Trevi Fountain. I was expecting it to be much bigger (sorry folks), but we literally just walked round a small street corner and hey presto…there it was. Since we were almost half way through our trip we were now naturals at the metro which we got everywhere.

We get to the Colosseum and decide to join a group because you get so much more information listening to them instead of walking on your own just guessing! It was amazing and I was in total awe. Again though, this story takes a turn for the worst and the heavens open, not just a shower but I think most of Niagara Falls.....instead of going across to see more ruins in Rome we had to abandon it which was unfortunate.

We stayed in Rome for 2 days....moving onto the next destination