Venice - city of water

Venice Travel Blog

St Mark's Sq

Venice!! Yeehaa. We stepped off the train and confronted by the water and gondola’s…my friends started crying. Not sure what for... maybe happy?

We had to walk to the bus station there to get on a bus which would take us to our camping site. Well……we stood and stood and eventually a bus came along. We got on • the bus was cram packed and the further and further we bob along the more I think we’re on the wrong bus. Dammit! Now I hate doing things like these, but since I was nearer the driver (dam) I was made to ask him if we were on the correct bus. You know what’s coming…NO. So we get of in the middle of no where…I mean no where. Made a group decision to cross the busy road and hope for another bus to take us back to the bus station. Thankfully it and we arrived in the camping site in one piece.

We got give our keys for the caravan, which was more like a hut and had a ‘discussion’ on who was sleeping with who and who would get to sleep by themselves. We get comfy and decide to get some kip….

4am in the morning and someone is trying to open our hut. Again I’m made to see what’s happening • notice how its always me! Turns out it was another couple that had been told the wrong hut number so they went away. Phew

St Mark's Sq