Yosemite National Park - Day 7 / 8

Yosemite National Park Travel Blog

300miles to Yosemite.  Setup tents and then walked down to the river, Lizzie and Mel and braved the cold water again ! Started to rain a bit so went back to camp.  Had a bbq for tea.  Sat round the campfire and played a few campfire games.  Then the campsite owner came over and told us fires were banned !

Packed things away as the bears come after the food !

Ricky had lost his passport so stayed behind to search for it. Everyone else set off for Curry Village where there are shops and you can go for hikes.  I wasn't feeling too good that day so stayed around the Village, everyone else went on a hike.  Went for a hot chocolate to warm me up and sat in the warm.  Then got on the shuttle, it does various stops round the park where I got off and had a little walk round and look round the shops.

At one stop they had a film of Yosemite so I watched that.  It then absolutely poured down (like being at home !).

Met up with everyone and ordered Pizza.

When we got back to our campsite, our tents were all soaked.  Mark and Rickys tent was all muddy and wet as the rain had run down the hill to their tent.  Everyone elses was a bit soggy.

There was a hotel next door so the lads went to see if they had any spare rooms, which they did.  They booked theirs and came back to tell us so we went to book ours.  We then discovered that they had a big house that slept 14 people for only $20 each - we snapped that up quick !